Cable rating for halogen downlights

What are the 6A MCB's protecting then? sounds odd to me but I am not an electrician. Wait for a pro to respond.

Sponsored Links
Has it always been on a 16A MCB or have you/someone changed it. Occasionally in domestic settings it may be on a 10A MCB but this is fairly rare and a 16A sounds very wrong.

Only lived here for 6 months, does look like it has been changed (although not sure??) its only a bedroomed bungalow but its a good size with lots of lights / wall lights/ Was built 15 yrs ago ? Any of that explain it ?
Thanks for your help lads, i really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
It could be that the lighting circuit has been taken off an old 16A radial circuit and is running off a fused spur somewhere, maybe an old immersion heater or something? Do you know what size cable is used for the lighting circuit and whether it is stepped down anywhere?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back