Cable Tacks but with 2 screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some cabling and also thin metal material I want to secure to a door. I've tried using cable tack staples but they pull out too easy, also your normal cable hoop tack is even easier to pull out (both pictured below)

View media item 65251 View media item 65250
I remember seeing one time a plastic hoop with 2 screws either side, not nails but actual small screws. Does anyone know of these and where to get them, as I feel the screw thread will keep it secured to the door nicely.

Any help appreciated in sourcing these. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why on earth do you want to secure cable to a door, it is just going to break at the hinge point due to continual flexing.

Why on earth do you want to secure cable to a door, it is just going to break at the hinge point due to continual flexing.

Thin metal material is on the door, it is a towel rail I don't want coming away from it. Cable is elsewhere

The correct thing I want is a small saddle clip by the way, saw one in plumbing section today for pipework so now I know the name of it I just need to find a smaller version.

Sponsored Links
Self adhesive type work well especially sticking to metal.

Thanks, already tried that route but didn't stick long as it is in a bathroom that gets some humidity
Double sided foam adhesive it not affected by humidity , you have to stick to a clean and dry surface though.

That was the adhesive I tried, didn't work. We use it in the workplace to stick trunking to walls carrying heavy cables and it's that strong it takes loose plaster and paint off the wall when you rip it off,......couldn't hack 2 days in the bathroom holding a flimsy piece of metal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back