Cabling routes/joints??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please advise what the current IEE / Part P regs are when installing cabling beneath suspended timber floors i.e. in the floor of a bungalow. Should they be neatly clipped to the side of the joist. What happens if a joint is needed in the cabling, is the standard method of connection a junction box?, do these have to be accessible?

I am not an electrician (obviously!) but I'm curious as to normal installation methods in this scenario?

Any comments would be helpful, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Generally cables should be securely fixed, in your case using suitable sized cable clips in regards to cable CSA.
Twin and Earth Cable at 9mm or less diameter, should be clipped on horizontal axis at a distance no more than 250 and on vertical axis at no greater than 400mm.
6-15mm diameter at no greater distance than 300mm(H) and 400mm(V)
If the route where the junction box/joint is going to be inaccessible, joints should not be made using the standard junction box, but by the use of MF (maintenance free) ones. It is always best to avoid joints if possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back