Call Out Charge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a Premier Elite Panel in a previous house.

When we moved we brought it with us and had it professionally installed.

We now have a problem with the SmartCom which was supplied and installed in June 2019.

Shortly after installation Texecom issued a firmware upgrade.

The installer believes the firmware upgrade should solve the problem, but there will be a callout charge. The system worked ok until a couple of months ago on the existing firmware.

Is this fair?

Sponsored Links
Well depends on what is covered in your agreement I guess.

As for issues, what is the issue?

Sponsored Links
So how do you know its the smart com that's not working?

How is the smart com connected to your router?
What are the smart coms leds doing?
What happens when you try a test call?
Can you router see the texe_hub connected to the router?
What version firmware does the smart com have?
What version is the panel on?

Well it’s on V4 at least as it has a smartcom ....without any of the info asked for by secure I am then it’s all a stab in the dark ...

@Matty the upgrade of the smart com is done by entering engineers code in app and clicking on icon top right

as for upgrading the panel it can be done if you have the engineers code.

Texecom rolled out upgrades to all smart coms, remotely when the systems were disarmed, so only a few may not have been updated.

The panel upgrade shouldn't be necessary according to Texecom, however version 4 and version 5 work slightly different wrt to sending signals to the ARC (texecom servers)

They upgrade alarms remotely now? cool - I didn't know that.

OT - I went for a job in CS at Texecom once - IM actually glad I didn't get it. (they are a mile+ down the road from me).

The smart com yes, the panel only if above V5 and you have annual subscription.

CS, you know if Mick I'd opening his buty van today not seen him yet and I am starving.

@secureiam Hope you can help mate!
I have a wireless kit with the SmartCom set up and running fine, I was trying to connect Wintex today to have a play around and tried to connect remotely.. when asked for the 6 digit code I went into the app and requested to add a device via the Master User, but it came up saying ‘check internet connection’ even though it’s fine.. any ideas?

well sounds like the internet connection is down?

the smart com lights will indicate its stauts and the smart device your using needs to be connected.

Internet connection is fine on laptop, smart com lights all working and app is in use with several smart phones.. so it’s definitely nothing to do with the internet connection, I was wondering if maybe I need to input details of the Texecom panel in Wintex (I.e serial number?) .. I thought Wintex would have connected the same as if I was adding another phone for a user.. as in type in the 6 digit code (supplied by engineers app) on Wintex and it automatically connects? Or am I missing something?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back