Cambodia, Vietnam etc success stories

• Thread starter sodthisforfun
  • Start date
We often go past Eyam when we are in the Peaks. Just looked up the website and it says this:

"We regret that due to the current Coronavirus pandemic our museum will be closed until further notice".

It’s a wonder they’ve not barricaded themselves in again!

Sponsored Links
So you do now recognise that there are multiple factors that influence the mortality rate from Covid.
UK and USA being perfect examples of poor performance by the government leading to high mortality rates.

Therefore pointing the finger at one country, for one factor, and blaming that factor on the mortality rate is not sensible, especially when the mortality rate is less than UK.
Additionally, assuming that the emerged figure is still an under-estimation, despite it being close to the calculated figure is prejudice, when there are no other indications, basis or experience on which to base the assumption.

Then, on top of that, if one refers to the use of children as assets to be exploited, then it is dangerously close to pure propaganda.

Why are you prattling on about "mortality rate"?
Apart from you being confused, that is.

Why are you prattling on about "mortality rate"?
Apart from you being confused, that is.
upload_2020-8-3_18-18-51.png

upload_2020-8-3_18-19-30.png

upload_2020-8-3_18-20-14.png

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

When you've finished prattling, does that clear up your confusion?

Of course you leave, using my posts as a convenient excuse,
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If you'd noticed the time, you might have understood that I had to get back to work. I didn't need any convenient excuse.

while again playing the victim..
Ah! It's the victim's fault again. Blame the victim.

Truth is you're wrong.
That's not the truth, it's just your opinion.

You were wrong to say what you said to Vinty.
In your opinion. Strangely, I don't value the opinion of someone who reverts to abuse so quickly, so persistently and so often.

Funny how you don't like what I say to you yet you can be as abusive to others as you like.
By all means show me examples of me being abusive to others.

Takes strength of character to apologise to Vinty or admit fault.
If I thought I was wrong, I would readily apologise. I don't, therefore I won't.

I am not shocked you won't.
Then you should try to argue the issue rather than revert to abusive comments.

Sponsored Links
Greece has faired very well... When I arrived half of my fellow passengers were randomly selected for testing. It is bl**dy hot here typically about 30 degrees from around 8am rising to mid 30s and I'm sure the virions (which are destroyed within 15mins at 56 degrees) don't get much of a chance with surface temperatures not far off. The second benefit they have is the distribution of their population and the geography (lots of small islands).

One of the big differences between poor countries and rich countries is the mobile nature of their citizens. I doubt your avg. Vietnamese person travels much in his or her daily business. In contrast Heathrow airport was the primary infector of London, which acted as a hub to distribute around the country. I'm not saying the govt are blameless, the UK Passenger locator is as complex as an annual tax return and we could have easily randomly tested people on arrival like they do in Greece.

In terms of people, I'd say the greeks are very complacent, not much mask wearing or social distancing.
Reasonable comments, except that your comments could also be applied to Iran, or are in direct contrast to Iran. Vietnam only cropped up because of the Iran discussion, and only because it was suggested that I had little experience of living abroad (despite living in France) other than what could be gleaned from the internet, and as a contrast to the mortality rate of Iran compared to Vietnam and other countries.
At no time has anyone suggested a comparison between UK and Vietnam.
For instance, the temperatures could easily be applied to Iran, as could the propensity to travel. But Vietnam did lockdown quickly and severely, whereas I doubt if Iran did lockdown much at all.

Are you still unclear what mortality rate means?

Why muddy the waters, rather than just saying "number of deaths"? Other than trying to sound "clever"?

Taken something simple and clear, and made it significantly less so. A quango's stock - in-trade....

Why muddy the waters, rather than just saying "number of deaths"? Other than trying to sound "clever"?
Please accept my apologies, brigadier, I thought everyone understood the term 'mortality rate'.
I thought it was pretty obvious.

I didn't like the word 'crude', I thought it might initiate endless and pointless discussion about its meaning. ;)
I thought I was right in that decision. (y)

But it is a constituent part of the term on which you have hung your hat, so to speak.

Like arbitrarily deciding to omit the word "tyre", from "tyre pressure".....

But it is a constituent part of the term on which you have hung your hat, so to speak.

Like arbitrarily deciding to omit the word "tyre", from "tyre pressure".....
Fookin ell man.get a room you two.

Sponsored Links
Back