Camping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me, Mrs Secure & the three Secure boys want to go camping. We would like a reasonably priced tent with plenty of room for 5.

Any campers recommendations? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If your boys are OK sleeping in the same room then your fine with most any large tent, if they are not then you may need one with separate sleeping compartments.

I wouldn't bother with one that resembles a tunnel, they are really bad in the wind.
The domed ones are good.

whatever you get, take it out & erect it in a field first, that way after the long tiring drive your not screaming at each other "how the blooming heck does this go up" :D

Dont forget the huge list of other its you ll need.
Sleeping bags, air beds (get the foam mats too to put on the air bed).
GAZ cooker, windbreak (dont cook in the tent) etc, etc.

Campings fun, fun, fun.
(well thats what we tell the kids lol)

Im off to fell end Saturday for 4 days, but i would not even try in a tent done it all before and the favorite word in camping is WHERE IS you will find thats what you will hear all day from the tent campers.

I bought a 6 man dome tent and i have not even taken it out of the bag
now all i have to do is put on my hand brake and thats it all done.

Sponsored Links
whitecanvas1.jpg

Show off! :LOL:

Looks like Bob has a tent he's not using, going cheap? lol

SKANDIKA

you cannot go wrong.. we have 3 diff tents of theirs, one for just me and the missus one for me and the misses and friends. and bigger one for when we have the kids with us.

VERY cheap on ebay as they sell on their last years colours - factory packed and all the bits u need.

never had a problem.

I dont wanna put a damper on yea camping surepark but last i went a mate took is 4 man tent with the kids, anyway about 1.30 in the morning i heard the comosion outside and the kids had wet the bed and it was every where all the beding was stinkin wet

Camping Rules:-

1. Make the kids wear nappies and this goes for the dog if he is going.

2. Take plenty batteries for yea lighting but if i where you i would buy a caravan hook up lead and stick a normal plug on the other side and stick that in a 4 way socket then yea got home from home.

BOB: Youngest is well out of nappies, oldest is 8. Think he may object to a wearing a nappy...

TM: will look up skandika, ta.

TM: Have looked up Skandika.

So far, you have mentioned having a dome shape not tunnel.

From e-bay, I gather double walled is good, plus stitched-in groundsheets.

So, if you were buying a Skandika tent now with room for at least 2A & 3C, with preferably at least 3 sleeping areas, what would you go for?

Me, Mrs Secure & the three Secure boys want to go camping. We would like a reasonably priced tent with plenty of room for 5.

Any campers recommendations? Cheers.

secure where abouts in cheshire are you????

if your anywhere near warrington their is a good shop opposite warrington colligiate on winick road, with lots of tents set up so you get a good idea of size and space
best advice i would give is, make sure you can stand up in it as nothing worse than getting ready lay down

TM: Have looked up Skandika.

So far, you have mentioned having a dome shape not tunnel.

From e-bay, I gather double walled is good, plus stitched-in groundsheets.

So, if you were buying a Skandika tent now with room for at least 2A & 3C, with preferably at least 3 sleeping areas, what would you go for?

I had a tunnel shaped one before and was a 4sleeping area and 2 kitichen area and rest area - was 9 meter long - i loved it - gf didnt.

DOuble walled is very good. The one we are using at present for 5 of us is called a Skandika Big Family, but this in now only 2 years old, they may have a newer model. Its all about personal preference whether you want domed with annexes or tunnel. Some of the annexe ones are pretty cool as you have the kitchen/rest area in middle and sleeping on the outsides.

This page is german ( as they are ) http://www.skandika.de/

the tunnel one i had was top left blue
the family one we have now is top right

if you click on any of these pics ull have the whole product lits.

Try and match to see what they are offering on Ebay. you cant go wrong.

Regards
TM

And another thing forget the geni its cheaper to stay in a 4 srar hotel than to run one of those petrol monsters.

secure where abouts in cheshire are you????

Bramhall.

Is the place you're telling me about on a roundabout (not many of those in W/ton, are there? ;) ), with a sign that used to say, [think Shakers here]

"Now is the season of our discount tents" ??

Sponsored Links
Back