Can anyone recommend a bathroom supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We will very soon be updating our bathroom and I thought I found the perfect site to get it all from betterbathrooms.com, great reviews on the site, but looking a bit deeper found plenty of negative too. Just wondered what peoples experience was on here for them and also for Victoria plum and the bathstore.

If not very good is there anyone you would recommend and are there any trade ones that I'd be able to use? I'm on good terms with a builder who could possibly buy it if you have to be in the trade. Also wondered who does Wickes bathrooms and if it was like their kitchens in that you can go straight to the supplier and get it cheaper.

Thanks for your help, we are trying to keep costs down as also have to spend 5k on replacing the entire central heating (currently one pipe) but the last thing I want to do is buy cheap if it's not up to scratch, would prefer to spend the extra on better quality!

Sponsored Links
City Plumbing are good and have good showrooms. What's your budget?

2k but I don't think it's enough as we're looking for freestanding bath, toilet, sink, shower cubicle, mixer shower and flooring and wall tiles, are we being unrealistic?

Does City Plumbing have the same ranges as Travis Perkins as they are part of the same group? Our builder friend dropped off a brochure for TP and I think we would struggle to afford the ones we liked in there on that budget.

I have fitted suites from Better Bathrooms several times and have always been happy with the quality. Their delivery service is also very good

Sponsored Links
All I would recommend is that you are able to physically go and see what you are buying, that way you can at least see and feel the quality. That being said, recently fitted a bathroom sourced from wholesale domestics, they have a great showroom, nice stuff. Stuff arrived, pan had a casting mark on it, went to the showroom, 4 pans later, found one that wasn't marked. All boxes sealed, doesn't say much for their manufacturers quality control. Just your luck if you're on a lower budget it seems.

Agree with muggles, City plumbing's bathrooms are lovely, great showrooms, and best of quality but pricey. You have to pay for top notch stuff these days unfortunately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back