Can anyone recommend a Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am getting a new combi fitted in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend any. I have a 2 bed flat with 7 rads and the wife would like something with a bit of power on the water pressure.

thanks

Curtis

Sponsored Links
The water pressure is a function of the water supply, not the boiler.

Many a conversion flat has poor watr supply - you need toget the flow of cold checked - 20 litres/min minimum and 3 bar. Then go for a 28/30kW boiler. Cheap but ok is Halstead ace high, mid cost is Baxi 105, top end Vaillant Turbomax 828, umless you feel a silly urge to go fo a condensing boiler. Ariston also OK in the middle price range Avoid Saunier Duval. SOme others OK too - some love Worcesters. Don't have a W Junior yet - too new.

thanks for your suggestions.

The installer has recommended the Baxi 80, but I've asked for a price on the 105 so that will help make the decision.

With regards to the water pressure..... Is there anything I can do about the water pressure coming into the flat (I'm ground floor and these are purpose built maisonettes)?

thanks again

C

Sponsored Links
I have seen it done (ok to a 1st floor flat) the water company ran in a new supply soley because the house had been turned into flats, and water pressure too low

sp your answer is bran new supply (assuming you havent already go one, check other flats see what their flow is like (measure it with bucket and 2nd hand on watch)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back