Recommended combi for large house but limited fitting space.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can anyone recommend a combi boiler powerful enough to supply hot water and 12 rads in a 5-bed/1 bathroom semi?
Main criteria are reliability, cost and (crucially) the size of the space in which it is to be fitted (400mm max width).
TIA.

Sponsored Links
flexicom is 390mm with 5mm clearance either side. Biggest is 35kw. Wouldnt be my personal choice, but I dont think you have any!

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you could find a combi that would fill the gap, but it ain't gonna work very well in a 5 bed house with a bath.

The heating would be off for hours running several baths one after the other.

Get a shower and you have half a chance, albeit not very good.

Much would also depend on the mains pressure and flow rate.

Not sure I understand. We currently have a combi boiler (Worcester-Bosch 24cdi) which powers 10 rads and the hot water just fine.
The difference is - we'll be adding two extra small rads and re-siting the boiler.
We currently don't have any heating issues when running baths.

We do have a shower as well (electric), so baths are less frequent than might otherwise be.

Not sure I understand. We currently have a combi boiler (Worcester-Bosch 24cdi) which powers 10 rads and the hot water just fine.
The difference is - we'll be adding two extra small rads and re-siting the boiler.
We currently don't have any heating issues when running baths.

We do have a shower as well (electric), so baths are less frequent than might otherwise be.

Helps to have all the information.

Can the new boiler go where you want it too, are there any flueing issues.

Does anyone have experience of the Ideal Logic Plus 35Kw combi.
Sounds like it fits the bill but I've never heard of the brand.

gasman77

why do say the above boiler is a turd ?
do you have technical reasons to tell us about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back