Can I convert round 3 pin socket to standard socket

Isn't Google wonderful.

Apparently it's a 'bulgin female socket'. :eek:

I can't think of anything to say.

Sponsored Links
Isn't Google wonderful. ... Apparently it's a 'bulgin female socket'. :eek: .... I can't think of anything to say.
:)

To be serious, is the piccie misleading me? It looks like (recessed) pins I can see, in which case it would surely be a 'male', wouldn't it?

Kind Regards, John

Serious ?

I do believe you are correct. Google not so wonderful.
px0552.jpg

I'd rather not think of a bulgin male socket.

Sponsored Links
It's a male panel mount 8-pin mains connector from bulgin. It probablly has multiple uses in different applications but the one i'm aware of is as an inlet on boxes with multiple lights to connect them to a light sequencer. I don't remember the exact part number offhand.

I would advise against using the terms plug and socket when talking about such connectors as they are likely to confuse.

Older kit used female connectors on both the light sequencer and the light box and then used a male to male cable to connect them together but that was later deemed unsafe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back