Can I create a circular path with block paving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please suggest how I might best create a circular path please?

I have lots of blocks left over from my new block paved driveway, but im not sure if they are the best product for this project?

I havent dug the area out yet, but Ive roughly marked the area as can be seen in these photos. The intention is to plant a bush in the centre circle, with a circular path surrounding it.

file_zps22c7560c.jpg
file_zps75c38366.jpg

As much as I'd like to make use of the block pavers, Im not sure that they are the way forward for this project. Perhaps I should dispose of the pavers and look at an alternative product, such as paving flags or stepping stones spaced out with gravel in-between? Or perhaps a paving circle kit but with the middle circle removed?

Sponsored Links
on a radius under about 3m block paving starts to look very gappy as the blocks don't fit tightly. this also makes maintenance difficult as the wide gaps grow weeds profusely.

If you are incredibly patient you can taper every other block with a grinder but its probably easier to forget it.

You can use setts which are the very small blocks and they come in a circle kit with blocks already cut.

see here

http://www.tobermore.co.uk/tegula_circles.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I like the idea of those sets, thanks. I could always miss out the middle circle to allow for the bush to be planted.

Great idea, thanks :)

Sponsored Links
might be easier to create the inner and outer edge of the circle with block on edge and then just pave it in straight lines with your blocks otherwise you will have a lot of cuts to get the circle inlay
otherwise return or sell the left over blocks and buy the sections of circle you need

Thanks for the replies. I think a circular paving sett kit is what I need. I now just need to find one thats about 3.2m diameter...

kVNPhEBZXtPDBdm.jpg

those in the pic look like there all 100mm x 100mm setts just spaced to get the curve rather than having the edges cut to form the radious

Your probably right, it's just a random google picture. I would of course buy a kit with tapered blocks. I'm going to visit a few builders merchants and see what they have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back