Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have a supply running from my house to my New Garage that is fitted with a Garage consumer unit , and is fed by SWA cable buried at the appropriate depth.

At the time of installation , the SWA was run through an empty garage of mine , which currently has now power at all.

Is it possible to insert another consumer unit in the SWA line in this empty garage to allow me to install some lighting and a 13A socket for occasional use.

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Any thing is possible but you need to give more info to get a good answer. Size of cable cores in SWA, length of cable, where cable is fed from & what is it protected by, any loose cable in empty garage, method of earthing etc..

Would sound more sensible to run a cable back from the garage CU, to a new CU.

maybe mount new CU back to back ? dunno what the layout is

Sponsored Links
You have indicated occasional use. I assume you have lights and sockets in the new garage.

I would say you could almost certainly break into the SWA and supply the old garage too.

As said, details on exactly what you have would get you a better answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back