can i get a brighter solution for the dining room light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

we have quiet a dark dining room light by 1 light hanging from the centre of the room.

up until now we've used 150W bulbs which were just about passable.

now we need an energy efficent solution.

i can't seem to find energy efficient bulbs over the equivelent of 120W which is still too dark.

are they available?

or is there a 'double socket' kind of thing that i could attach to hold 2 100Ws?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Someone (RF?) will be along with a photo of a multi-CFL light.

But realistically it sounds as if your requirement is a fitting which takes more than one lamp (not an adapter bodge), and/or more than one fitting.

Loads around, in all sorts of styles, just Google for low energy lighting, fluorescent lighting etc.

BUT:

1) Be very suspicious of LED.

2) Do not think that the answer is to pepper your ceiling with lots of 2" downlights.

I would go for a **** load of downlights with LEDs fitted.

Very funny.

The problem with that kind of childishness is that people might take it as serious advice.

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

More lower power light fittings is the way forward for greater coverage, rather than trying to get more light from the single fitting.

crystal_chandelier.jpg

hard_hat.jpg

Actually you can get bigger CFLs than that, if "C" is still appropriate. I think you need larger lampholders, but you can get 250W ones. Popular with plant-lovers I am led to believe.

Here's a 200W one:

200w-CFL-Lamp.jpg

Here's a 200W one:

200w-CFL-Lamp.jpg
<drooooooooooooooooooool>

I'd love one just for the novelty factor that actually installing it anywhere would destroy the lampholder (weight or current) :LOL:

Oh hang on, is it over 100 watts that they have to be externally ballasted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back