can I replace expansion vessel at rear of boiler.

Sponsored Links
Or just re-charge the existing expansion vessel properly
Tbf mate, he did say it was pishing out, so could be from actual vessel, in which case, it’ll still pish out unless replaced :D

Tbf mate, he did say it was pishing out, so could be from actual vessel, in which case, it’ll still pish out unless replaced :D
Tbf mate where is it pishing out from? the EV seal or the schraeder valve ? the one worst diagnosed fault on a gas boiler is the EV, if the bladder is pinholed how can it "**** out" through the schraeder valve ? through the seam yes , in which case he wouldnt have heating or HW as the system wouldnt be able to be pressurised, just change the PCB

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Either can happen but very rarely together, air can gradually leak out through the schrader valve so the EV fills with water but wont leak anywhere, or the diaphragm can be holed, in which case the EV will again fill with water but if no schrader valve problem then no external leak.
Suggest pressing up a cold system to say exactly 2bar, the pressure will drop fairly rapidly if the EV is leaking externally, might also see signs of water dripping from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Tbf mate where is it pishing out from? the EV seal or the schraeder valve ?
Dunno, wasn’t mentioned. I had one once though where it had a small pinhole in the outer metal and was leaking from there, not pishing out :ROFLMAO:

Ive bought all the stuff for external expansion , just got to have the bottle to cut into the copper return pipe . ill give it a go tomorrow , just a thought , can I use a self cutting tap into the copper pipe just to confirm its totally drained? , then if it isnt at least I can control it , and then remove the self cutter and cut into pipe properly , I wouldnt be leaving it in .

Thanks for your ongoing help

the whole thing is a pain in the copper pipe.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back