Can I spur off a radial circuit?

Then there is "essentials". I can't seem to find any documentation of it's terminal capacity, but it really doesn't matter as it's total crap that you should not buy.
Do you happen to know which MK Toolstation sells?

Sponsored Links
Do you happen to know which MK Toolstation sells?
Toolstation state their socket part number 82496 is K2747 WHI (look in the product description).
This is the MK part number for their
Logic Plus™ 2-Gang DP

so, that is the one you need.

PS You could have looked on the Toolstation website for yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I struggled with getting 3 x 4mm cables into the MK socket I purchased from Toolstation. I used 2.5mm for the spurred socket to overcome this.
Some pics from this project:
upload_2021-1-20_15-5-8.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-5-34.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-5-56.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-6-48.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-8-15.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-8-34.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-8-52.png

upload_2021-1-20_15-9-35.png

Thanks again for all your help.
P.S. I've noted a missing grommet and would welcome any other feedback.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-20_15-6-30.png
    upload_2021-1-20_15-6-30.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Ah. In my experience, MK sockets have at least as great terminal capacity as any other make (more than many makes), and I (like others) have certainly had no problems getting 4 x 2.5mm² cables into the terminals with no trouble, and would have expected 3 x 4mm² to fit. Twisting them together will make the situation worse, rather than better.

However, the specification of (current) MK sockets certainly claims that they should take 3 x 4mm². Do you perhaps have an 'old' one'

View attachment 218940

Kind Regards, John
For what it's worth I recently changed a K2948PCR as fitted in an 18 month old kitchen. Usual problem of MK plug on washing machine welded into socket.
I found 3x 7/0.029 ring and 1 harmonised 2.5mm² in a 47mm back box some ½" behind the tiles surface. Plenty of slack to work with etc.
I cant remember which but one terminal accepted the 4 wires with total ease but the other was a real no go and a total surprise.

In another similar socket I found 2x 7/0.029 ring & 1x 6mm² spur [old colours so I suspect it was the original cooker cable] and swapped the sockets over with ease.

Even now it doesn't make much sense as the 2 didn't look any different but the size of one terminal was obviously enough different.

I just looked at that LAP tester. Now, I know it’s cheap, but my first glance was that there was a fault!
Any decent tester would show all greens for a 100% OK test.

But Don’t like to complain…

I just looked at that LAP tester. Now, I know it’s cheap, but my first glance was that there was a fault!
That was also my first reaction, but ...
Any decent tester would show all greens for a 100% OK test.
I suppose it's fair to say that all the lit LEDs are green. The difference between this one and some others are that they are single-colour LEDs, the one on the right being red - which one would expect to light up (red) only if something was 'very wrong' (which they apparently do, for L/E and L/N reversals). Others have two-colour LEDs, facilitating the "3 greens" indication that you would have preferred to see.

Kind Regards, John

My Martindale has just the 2 greens too.

Just under the LED's is the descriptor showing: green green black CORRECT

Yes, I understand. Maybe its because the ones I'm used to Shout at you, or flash or change colour is there's an error.

Yes...
I thought I had the box level but then learnt that it needed some further jiggery pokery. Nothing that Toupret couldn’t bury

How would this tester behave if only 1 of the 2 Live cables were connected to a socket on a ring main?
upload_2021-1-20_15-8-52-png.219287

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back