Can i use Celotex 50mm Foil Backed Boards on plastered wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

our garage has been partitioned to make a room and it always seems to be cold in this room so i thought id try putting some Celotex 50mm Foil Backed Boards up to help insulate it better?

the wall in question is the rear plastered wall in the pic below (the other side is the room)

View media item 34055
size of this wall is 4.62m x 2.5m

can i just "no nails" it on to the wall or would i have to do anything special?

really need the best cost effective way of doing this, the partitioned wall already has insulation in-between it but im not sure what kind as it was done many many years ago.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
It probably would be ok but there's always a chance the insulation will debond over time. To eliminate any doubt I would add some mechanical fix as well. Should be easy enough to fix through the insulation..

just had a thought last night, i think im looking at the wrong stuff.

i would like to stick this celotex onto the plastered wall (as per pic above) but if its foil;ed both sides, how would i go about painting it?

i want to paint each wall white.

would this be possible with the GA4050 im looking at buying?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
You don't paint it.

You lay the inslation slabs up against the wall. Tape the seams to form a vapour barrier and then use 25x50 battens to keep the boards in place. You then screw 12.5mm plasterboard to these battens and then finish the boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back