Can someone recommend where and what size rads I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm chipping away at a garage build and am having the stud walls fitted on Saturday. The joiner has asked if I know where I want the rads fitting.. (I don't)

Could any plumbers please take a look at the below plans and give me some recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 17.55.37.png

Sponsored Links
If you don't have a plumber/heat engineer to do proper calculation? This online calculator will help you. You will have to do some work on figuring out best places for rad sizes though. Cannot really expect busy people on here to do that for you!

Hi, I haven't had chance to engage with a plumber yet and my joiner is able to work on Saturday.

I've had a look at the heat loss calc before (thanks for the link though) its the best positioning of the rads that I'm trying to determine.

I'm not expecting someone thats busy to respond. Just looking for someone thats knowledgeable with time to help ;)

Sponsored Links
Would these positioning make sense to someone that works in this field?

rads.jpg

Should I have a rad in the hallway or will the heat just get sucked out the door when opened?

Should I move the bedroom rads to beside the wardrobes?

Should the towel rad be positioned on the shower side?

Thanks.

Many thanks for the input, I will position them as follows. Appreciated :)

rads.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back