Can the UK be truly independent after Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vinty

According to the American ambassador Woody Johnson the UK could face serious trade issues with the U.S. if the British don't change their position on the Iran nuclear deal.
At present the UK support the deal along with all the other signatories, so it seems all the talk of a UK/USA "free"trade deal with no strings attached can only happen if the UK accepts the strings attached.
What the Americans seem to be saying is that the price of any deal requires Britain to hand over control of its foreign policy to America.
I thought the object of Brexit was to return Britain back to an independent sovereign nation with control over its borders and its own national interest foreign and domestic.
So much for Trumps claim that he just wants an even playing field in trade with no tariffs or other conditions, I suspect in the event of a truly even playing field America would go bankrupt.

Sponsored Links
What the Americans seem to be saying is that the price of any deal requires Britain to hand over control of its foreign policy to America.
Bingo...

Quitters really don't get it that the UK will be going cap in hand to good ole uncle sam...

And the NHS will be part of the 'deal' too!

Bingo...

Quitters really don't get it that the UK will be going cap in hand to good ole uncle sam...

And the NHS will be part of the 'deal' too!

parrot-talking-620x400.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You plagarist. ....I posted an image about remainiacs in the same type of pose ages back ...So Boring when you see a copied post. BORING

Roundabout March 2016 .......Obviously it stuck in your mind....made my point and you remembered it .....I used an ostrich but the whole point has been plagiarised by you :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You plagarist. ....I posted an image about remainiacs in the same type of pose ages back ...So Boring when you see a copied post. BORING

Roundabout March 2016 .......Obviously it stuck in your mind....made my point and you remembered it .....I used an ostrich but the whole point has been plagiarised by you :ROFLMAO:

Did you create that image yourself or find it on the net?

Why not argue the point, not the picture ?

Why not argue the point, not the picture ?

There's nothing to argue. We either give way to the states or we dont. As it stands we're not so the outcome was outlined in the premise. Begging the question.

There's nothing to argue. We either give way to the states or we dont. As it stands we're not so the outcome was outlined in the premise. Begging the question.

I give up.

Look at the picture again. It speaks volumes

So we won't try to negotiate a FTA with the US post Brexit? Who will have the stronger negotiating position?

According to the American ambassador Woody Johnson the UK could face serious trade issues with the U.S. if the British don't change their position on the Iran nuclear deal.
At present the UK support the deal along with all the other signatories, so it seems all the talk of a UK/USA "free"trade deal with no strings attached can only happen if the UK accepts the strings attached.
I thought the object of Brexit was to return Britain back to an independent sovereign nation with control over its borders and its own national interest foreign and domestic.
So much for Trumps claim that he just wants an even playing field in trade with no tariffs or other conditions, I suspect in the event of a truly even playing field America would go bankrupt.

Do you support the continuation of the Iran Trade deal in return for the conditions that were set which as far as I know Iran is complying with.

The greater issue is that Trump has shown he will unilaterally end an agreement - so how can you rely on the USA to honour a trade deal?

Your words.

If you can't understand the point made, then just look at the picture again. It should help you.

I am too busy to be able to spend enough time trying to explain it to you. I feel it will take ages.

The greater issue is that Trump has shown he will unilaterally end an agreement - so how can you rely on the USA to honour a trade deal?
In all seriousness, how would we really rely on Trump for anything? The guy is a nutter. He'll probably change his mind and we will hear about it via twitter by next week, with a denial that he ever said it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back