Can these pipes be moved back?

They will, once he's registered the installation, send you a Gas Work Notification/.Building Compliance certificate.

The accompanying letter offers this free inspection.

He has to register the installation with Gas Safe for this to occur though

Assuming he doesn't have the cert mailed to himself, to pass on.
Also assuming he will risk notifying;)

Sponsored Links
There is that, and while I don't have issues with engineer failing to notify out of principle, in this case I think the OP needed to be aware.

This installer is only returning because we have armed the OP with the information he/she needs.

If the OP hadn't posted here this installer would have gotten away with it and maybe lots of others.

There is that, and while I don't have issues with engineer failing to notify out of principle, in this case I think the OP needed to be aware.

This installer is only returning because we have armed the OP with the information he/she needs.

If the OP hadn't posted here this installer would have gotten away with it and maybe lots of others.

I agree, - and it is refreshing that he hasn't been heckled to death for employing the cheapest bidder.

The heating engineer has been in touch and said the following-

http://www.tectite.co.uk/En/whyTectite we use these on Worcester Bosch, Vaillant and Glow Worm installations as these manufacturers have allows use of tectite on there installations as it reduces the risk of fire and unsightly solder marks.

Sponsored Links
The heating engineer has also said-

the installation of gas lines States that compressions are acceptable unless they are inaccessible. Most engineers including myself favour solder fittings but that is a matter of preference but is not a regulation in the instance of your installation my blow torch was faulty but compressions are allowed. You will see that the 22mm gas line is sleeved with a piece of 28mm copper which has been sealed with silicon as the regulation states. I was going to seal up the flue with a fire cement upon return. The certificate will all be completed once all works are completed. If there are anymore issues I would happily rectify but with regards to the gas line no regulations have been breeched as you can see in the following http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/2451/made

Apart from incorrect clipping of the gas pipe of course! How he can say solder fittings look unsightly after leaving you with that pipe work I'll never know. The blokes clearly clueless ! You should ask him did he get a 2 year old child to silicone up the gas pipe!

Besides, regs say you're supposed to seal the inside with a non setting mastic. Not empty a tube of silicone everywhere outside!!

The guy who fitted it is a cowboy, end of.

The heating engineer has also said-

the installation of gas lines States that compressions are acceptable unless they are inaccessible. Most engineers including myself favour solder fittings but that is a matter of preference but is not a regulation in the instance of your installation my blow torch was faulty but compressions are allowed. You will see that the 22mm gas line is sleeved with a piece of 28mm copper which has been sealed with silicon as the regulation states. I was going to seal up the flue with a fire cement upon return. The certificate will all be completed once all works are completed. If there are anymore issues I would happily rectify but with regards to the gas line no regulations have been breeched as you can see in the following http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/2451/made

Please don't use the term 'heating engineer' when referring to the rough a s s cowboy you were unlucky enough to cross paths with. He brings our trade into disrepute..

The heating engineer has been in touch and said the following-

http://www.tectite.co.uk/En/whyTectite we use these on Worcester Bosch, Vaillant and Glow Worm installations as these manufacturers have allows use of tectite on there installations as it reduces the risk of fire and unsightly solder marks.

The man is a ******.

Does this look unsightly? (holes subsequently made good)

IMG_20150716_181456.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back