Can these pipes be moved back?

Sponsored Links
Dan there is a certain artistry to your work which is sadly missing from mine...

Nonetheless the guy says he will be returning again tomorrow and will be resolving said issues. I shall post updated pictures. Good god man I hope this goes well.

Aye, I can see the testing is in progress Dan 24.94mbar on the Let By????!!!!!.....:eek::LOL:
Did you forget yer bender??!!

Just pulling yer plonker mate, nice work(y)

Sponsored Links
I can send you the completed report if you like dicky ;)

Have a search on the cc for my recent shenanigans with National Grid..... Fooking joke.

"Guffed meter box" should find it.

Dan there is a certain artistry to your work which is sadly missing from mine...

No artistry, just a bit of professional pride and respect for the customer. Doesn't take any longer solder neatly than it does to make it look like a dog's breakfast.

In fact, one could argue it takes less time to do a neat job.

Only had Yorkshire streets :( and had run out of press) :evil:

Bit of a shock to the system getting the ol' blow torch out :LOL:

Did you not have a 22x15x22. ?
Who drilled the wrong hole?
Are you SURE they are soldered.?

Otherwise it is a Good Pass :)

Some gems from the heating engineer, this may make you laugh or despair:

Re the silicone on the outside- most people would find this acceptable. Then points to an old flu of my neighbours, not in use anymore, and says look they have used a McDonalds bag to fill the hole....yes I said this was because my neighbour covered the hole himself.

Push clips look better and are more secure, don't leave bogeys like soldering...

The boiler is squint due to the tiles in the back....

You can have the filter any which way, even upside down....

Call me whenever there is a plumbing emergency...

I checked with Gas Safe and Worcester Bosch and sent them pictures, they said the job was perfectly fine...

On seeing me says- you don't look happy

Trust me to do this job properly...

Last edited:
I have told him he is talking mince however and things need to be sorted. He is going to have the pipe outside covered all the way with a plastic cover. Is this fine to do?

He is going to use fire cement to cover the outside gaps and inside re the flu.

The pipes inside will be clipped to the wall. The gas gas pipe going outside will be placed in a bigger sleeve and siliconed again.

The filter will be fit into a bracket.

Do these solutions sound ok? Does anyone have a picture of which way the filter should actually be fit as he may fit it upside down.

Tell him you've shown his work to other fitters, as you were worried about the safety of pushfit/ compression fittings. And every one agrees, he's taking the pee, it needs sorting out. He obviously can't solder, and a pro worried about scorch marks would have... cool gel & heat mat to avoid the marks. Or if you're posh like Dan and charging a fortune :whistle: They'd have press fit gear instead.

Honestly, he owes you money for the opportunity to gain some experience! What did he charge? Whatever it was it's too much. I've done some questionable work as an apprentice but never this bad, not even in my first week!

Homer, usually on threads like this a couple of regulars post up saying we shouldn't be harsh on the installer due to the lack of background information.

The fact they are silent speaks volumes. I know at least one has read this thread.

Is the boiler plumb/level when you put a spirit level against it?

The gas pipe needs totally reclipping with clips that hold it off the wall and are uv resistant. It must not be in contact with the wall. Gas Safe would never comment on a job like that from the pictures. Unless he tried to say it was an existing installation. In which case they'll use the old chestnut of "engineering judgement".

The clips I used in my picture are munsens, and cost over a quid each. The ones he used are a few pence. He used box ties to clip the filter FFS :LOL:

He's a chancer. Let him do his thing then get Gas Safe round asap.

If Wooshitter Blotch accept that as acceptable installation practice by their WAI's, then I feel even more justified in my criticism of them. Perhaps you should email them the pictures yourself and am them if it is acceptable?

The reply would no doubt make interesting posting.

Possibly pedantic, but fire cement is not a suitable sealing/infill material on an outside wall. Sand/cement mixture should be used.
Going on the rest of the work, his efforts at boxing in the pipework is not likely to improve matters. The pipe, as said, shouldn't be touching wall, so he should reconfigure anyway. If you wanted to get Gas Safe involved, a complaint re the gas pipe should trigger a visit.

Dan: I must admit I use plastic clips! Do you use munsens all the time for visible domestic work? They do look a hell of a lot better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back