CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are a joker same old nonsense conning people into buying expensive over priced 'security' that everyone ignores when its triggered and slow response times which comes WELL after the facts.

You have a vested interest in this CON i dont!
Do you have verifiable statistical evidence regarding response times?

Or are we to assume you are just trotting out the usual dogma?

Do you have any verifiable statistics showing that response times actually stop crimes from occurring in residential situations?

Do you have any evidence that your expensive monitored alarms are actually more effective at reducing burglary than a diy alarms at one 10th of the cost?

Do you ever actually work out the RISK vs COST benefit for a client or do you just install the most expensive system you can convince them to buy? . Don't bother saying yes to this one

Tbh I don't even think this is a proper trade, it's a form of pressure selling to people who are vulnerable whose contents often are worth less than the alarm

Sponsored Links
Should we presume he does not own his home but rents it and that his Landlord had a proper alarm fitted by an accredited company?

Bit of a puzzle that, unless he stores DIY alarm kit in the premises and needs to ensure they do not knowingly fall into the hands of the wrong people.

Tbh I don't even think this is a proper trade, it's a form of pressure selling to people who are vulnerable whose contents often are worth less than the alarm

At the DIY level that is probably true.

But it is not only the cost / value of items being protected, it is the emotional damage that some people will suffer after a burglary. Some people feel they can no longer live in the house after intruders have broken in even when they have stolen nothing.

As to whether professional installed ( not DIY equipment ) reduces burglaries the insurance companies seem to have evidence that they do. Otherwise why do they reduce premiums for many people with that type of alarm. Also houses that are known in the criminal fraternity to have a reliable and monitored alarm system are almost certainly last on the list for the average burglar to try and enter.

And again I will repeat that any totally wireless system can be rendered useless before the criminals enter the building. That doesn't mean it will not operate as designed. It recognises the fact that the design restrictions imposed by it being battery operated and wireless connected mean it can be rendered useless by exploiting the weakeness imposed by the use of wireless and batteries. That opinion is based on my 12 years spent designing wireless communication sytems.

At the DIY level that is probably true.

But it is not only the cost / value of items being protected, it is the emotional damage that some people will suffer after a burglary. Some people feel they can no longer live in the house after intruders have broken in even when they have stolen nothing.

As to whether professional installed ( not DIY equipment ) reduces burglaries the insurance companies seem to have evidence that they do. Otherwise why do they reduce premiums for many people with that type of alarm. Also houses that are known in the criminal fraternity to have a reliable and monitored alarm system are almost certainly last on the list for the average burglar to try and enter.

And again I will repeat that any totally wireless system can be rendered useless before the criminals enter the building. That doesn't mean it will not operate as designed. It recognises the fact that the design restrictions imposed by it being battery operated and wireless connected mean it can be rendered useless by exploiting the weakeness imposed by the use of wireless and batteries. That opinion is based on my 12 years spent designing wireless

communication sytems.

Actually alarms don't reduce premiums

How can diy be pressure selling? You chose to buy or not buy not some salesman in your house giving you the PATTER like with an installed alarm

Still NO VERIFIABLE STATISTICS to show effectiveness your anecotal comments are not evidence....show me the studies that prove it?

you are basically like double glazing salesmen only preying on peoples fears

Sponsored Links
At the risk of being classed a fanboy, and throwing my tuppence in; I've read alarm's responses in the cctv threads and found them useful, polite and accurate. Not indicative of a troll by any means, and these forums aren't short of the real thing.

Actually alarms don't reduce premiums

Two premises for which I have been a keyholder DID get reductions in their insurance premuims for having an approved system installed.

Friends have achieved reductions after having an approved alarm system installed.

How can diy be pressure selling? You chose to buy or not buy not some salesman in your house giving you the PATTER like with an installed alarm

Have you never heard of high pressure advertising that first creates anxiety in people and then tells them that buying this gizmo will remove the cause of the anxiety.

Still NO VERIFIABLE STATISTICS to show effectiveness

True, but then there are no VERIFIABLE STATISTICS to support your view.

you are basically like double glazing salesmen only preying on peoples fears

Fear of the cold and draughts. ? Maybe , but at least most of the double glazing does what it is intended to do even if the customer has paid way over the top for the installation of the double glazing.

Insurance reductions

Again anecdotal and un verified, many people here have said it doesn't and that includes installers! They may be a requirement but do not produce a saving.. basically insurance company unneeded beuracracy

Never seen a DIY alarm advertised!

VERIFIABLE STATISTICS YOU HAVE NO CONCEPT OF HOW THIS WORKS

YOU ARE selling a product PROVE that I need it, if you can't DON'T SELL IT

At least double glazing generally does what it should!

so, spacecraft has no e evidence and confirms he's just costing is usual, tired old dogma.
Then compounding it with totally spurious claims about charges and costs.

Who is the troll? TAKE A STEP BACK AND HAVE A THINK.

If you want proof insurers do give a reduction and statastics try ABI.
Then the Met Police force.

Last i`ll contribte to this drivel now.

Most here sell good kit reasonably priced. Intruder Detection, Fire detection and the stop of it. Access control and CCTV.
Which when put in a package can negate life threating issues.

I`ll just stick to giving the best answers I can and your on ignore Spacer.

anyone can sell anything reasonably priced or otherwise

The question is does anybody NEED it..... Prove on a risk and cost basis that it stacks up?

Not one installer here has proven that it is worth your while to buy a monitored high priced system

Its all emotional blackmail and preying on fears

Every installer here has a VESTED interest in maintaining that FEAR thats what keeps them in business and keeps you paying maintainance charges for LIFE!

If you want to maintain protection you pay what £30 a month for LIFE!

Its a con and a rip off

If a burglar really wants to enter your home NO alarm will stop them

But the deterrent effect of any alarm will probably deter 90% of them
Why pay a fortune for 10% and don't forget the hidden charges

Its all about MAX profits they will always push you to buy the latest kit and the gold star service........which you don't need

For the average person all you likely need is

Good locks, doors and gates
Basic alarm system intruder about £200
Free smoke detectors from the fire brigade
Carbon monoxide detector £30
Few lights that come on and off on timers to give appearance of occupation £10

Job done..anything else is a waste

you also have to remember that we as approved installers of intruder alarms fit what is required by the insurance companies;

we supply, fit, maintain and monitor said systems via an ARC.

most people who have an approved alarm installed are instructed by there insurance company, NOT BY US as installers.

if you want to get an alarm installed that is just an audible only, go for it, if you want to have a DIY system, go for it,

we are here to fit systems in accordance with the requirements laid down by the regulators and the ABI etc

so if you think that you will be ok, and happy, with a battery operated detector linked to a basic panel, that when someone comes into your property it makes a noise, then all well and good.

if you want a system that communicates with an ARC and then to the local police, (in accordance with the regs, and your insurance company) shop around and ask the companies what its going to cost, and what do you get back, as a way of discount, from your insurance.

as you are aware, we are all here to help others in there time of need, not to bicker about whats best and whats rubbish.

Oasis

you also have to remember that we as approved installers of intruder alarms fit what is required by the insurance companies;

we supply, fit, maintain and monitor said systems via an ARC.

most people who have an approved alarm installed are instructed by there insurance company, NOT BY US as installers.

if you want to get an alarm installed that is just an audible only, go for it, if you want to have a DIY system, go for it,

we are here to fit systems in accordance with the requirements laid down by the regulators and the ABI etc

so if you think that you will be ok, and happy, with a battery operated detector linked to a basic panel, that when someone comes into your property it makes a noise, then all well and good.

if you want a system that communicates with an ARC and then to the local police, (in accordance with the regs, and your insurance company) shop around and ask the companies what its going to cost, and what do you get back, as a way of discount, from your insurance.

as you are aware, we are all here to help others in there time of need, not to bicker about whats best and whats rubbish.

Oasis

Hence the reason for this Thread EVERY TIME someone posts a YALE question You Know WHo sticks his oar in usually with the same old boring tripe we have heard before and then slags said system off

hmmm . . . had a message last night that my staff locking up had a message from the alarm installers that it had developed a fault and they were looking into it.
They won't be out over the weekend though and I could lose an awful lot of expensive stuff (not the Yale alarms before anyone makes that comment) Not what I really expected from a pro installed G3 system.

But hey reading this forum and the ratio of yale problems compared to texecom/honeywell/ etc etc it doesn't surprise.
I am sure it will be allright eventually but so far in its first couple of weeks of operation I have had three false alarms and a general fault,

None of my Yale customers ever had that..hmmm

It's very easy to write what you have, like has been said in many many posts in asstd. Forums, there's no information given to allow an informed opinion.

What you have written is just inflammatory, no substance.

Just like Chinese whispers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back