CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
hay Spacecat, do you want to spend a week with an approved engineer fitting systems they should be,
this will show you how its done?

but i must admit that i don't think you would.

you know why i think you wouldn't,

because all you want to do is mouth off to those here who are trying to help the DIYer fix there systems.

its a public forum, all you do is antagonize those of us who are tying to help.

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Typical answers from someone who would not know one end of a screwdriver from another. Just ignore him.
Works wonders.
You always find jealous people make the most noise.

Typical answers from someone who would not know one end of a screwdriver from another. Just ignore him.
Works wonders.
You always find jealous people make the most noise.

I thought you had me on ignore hypocrite :rolleyes:

Approved to put in largely pointless systems that people are either forced to have by insurance companies or conned into having overpriced installations plus ridiculous "maintenance" contracts
its even mentioned that someone got ripped off for £3500 by one of you cowboys in your own posts :!:
all this and NO evidence that it has any effect other than a deterrent like any alarm

Just proves how ignorant you are.
You are on general block, however when someone makes a comment just after you and its interesting I just open up that previous.
As for the rest, not bothered with.
Your comments are all the same generally, and repetitive.

Sponsored Links
Your comments are all the same generally, and repetitive

Go on tell us all about perimeter security and good locks its been at least a week!

Nothing worse than 2 mickey mouse"professionals" backing each other up

mickey mouse eh!!!

now thats a new one.

i really does not bother me how many times you rant on and on, i know that the products and services i supply are fit for purpose and will do what they are supposed to do.
and we warrantee every item and installation we do,

if you can demonstrate that you can perform the works required within the parameters of the requirements of the regulations as they are now,

i will think on that you are an engineer,

and the other thing, why do you always rant on and on about us proffessional installers,?
can you not make a living from your DIY work then??

and yes i did post that one of our new clients sites was ripped off to the tune of 3.5k, that does not mean that the new client will suffer the same as the previous occupier of the building.

yes we do issue a maintenance and monitoring agreement, this is required by insurance regulation, and not by our heavy handed way of doing business!!

so as usual you base your comments on items of pub gossip and try to tell all who will listen that all approved companies are out to rip off anyone who has not a clue on what they need.

we have a large number of clients that have used other organisations to supply and fit equipment to there properties that the y later found out were over the top prices, so they come to another company to adopt and look after them a at a reasonable cost,

we are out here to ensure our clients have a safe and secure property from the locks on the doors to the cctv and intruder/fire detection systems that protect people and property.

we have the technical knowledge / stock holding to be able to cater for any installation that is required by our customers.

can you forfile the criterior as an alarm engineer ?
i very much doubt it, you appear to know a fraction of what is required to perform the task,
but i doubt very much if you have the physical or technical ability to carry out the daily work that we (and others here) do.

it does sadden me that you keep on and on about costs of maintenance and rip off prices,
were do you get you false information from?

have you ever had an approved organisation fit a fully monitored system for you?

how far do you (and staff, if you have any) work to?

we have a number of employees and we work from one end of the country to the other, 24 hours a day 365 days a year,
can you do this as well.?

i think i have had enough of you and yaleguy to last me a lifetime,
small minded people with far to much time on there hands,
and no qualifications to back up there so called arguments.

Oasis
a certificated and recognized company fitting security / fire alarm systems, access control CCTV and emergency lighting systems throughout the UK.
and proud to be an engineer who has a 1% per 500 system false alarm record within the last 5 years.

Trust me I am as far away from your"profession" as you can imagine and I can spot a bs industry a mile away

For the average homeowner there is simply no justification on a cost vs risk basis to install the systems you do.....as one person called it a glorified doorbell.

Alarms for the average home owner are largely a deterrent to the average burglar and if broken into will make a sound that 99% of people will likely ignore

The call out people/police will likely come well well after the event

Is that worth £1000s to install and 20 to 30 pounds per month for life?

I think not.

we install a domestic intruder alarm from under 500 for a monitored system, for ONE year
after that its up to the client if they wish to continue the monitoring
for that it is (dependant on the comms protocol) from under 190 per year.

i do know where you are coming from Aunt Daisy will set you up a system from 199 then 36 payments of 23 + vat

for so called monitored full service set up.

if you want a yellow box (thats all it is, a yellow box) on the outside of you house, all well and good,
if you want to pay Aunt Daisy all that money,
thats up to the individual client.

we do not, and have never done, tied people into anything but a one year contract, 9as the monitoring fees are paid in advance)

after the first year you can do what you want, if the client stays with us, all well and good, if they don't want to, all well and good.

you seem to have the opinion that ALL alarm companies do the Aunt Daisy thing, sorry but you are so far from the truth, its painful.

get some quotes for your own house, and then post here and explain what you have been quoted!!

we're all entitled to our opinion on things, but it is always better if you have the relevant information BEFORE you bring it to the table for discussion.

as i, and others have stated, there re a few people here that do this for a living, and no we don't RIP people off for thousands of pounds, and tye them into a 30 quid a month for ten year agreements.

so please before you continue to give out mis leading and ill informed information. look into the topic that you are winging about,

and if you don't like what you read, don't read it, simple really

well i am going back to word on my PC to finish a quote for yet another installation of an approved intruder alarm system for another site, that has just been purchased by a loyal long term client.

good luck in you quest to try to foil an intruder with a door bell.

Oasis

PMSL @ door bell.

Hey I have a spare G3-144, easy challange.
One of you clever people with all the ideas and no back up want to try and programme it?
You give me one of yours. Guarantee i`ll have yours working in less time than it takes you to even get into the engineering of the Galaxy.

thats the catch isn't it !

Ok Guv you only have to sign up for a year @ 200 quid but what about the rest of his life?
Thats 200 a year forever plus any increases and hidden charges!

Once you have suckered someone in are they really going to drop out?

if you think they need the monitoring you would hardly tell them to opt out would you

As for Alarm I think you missed your meds

Change your tune, needles wearing out.
Reread Oasis`s reply.

What makes you so special to comment, reveal what you really do and what you charge. What makes you such an expert on something you clearly know nothing about.

Change your tune, needles wearing out.
Reread Oasis`s reply.

What makes you so special to comment, reveal what you really do and what you charge. What makes you such an expert on something you clearly know nothing about.

Still not ignoring me eh

Same tune same story of overpriced unecessary nonsense... Without any genuine evidence of need

Watching today, nothing has changed.
No proof. No backup.
All tosh.
And still evading.
Cya, thats a weeks worth of your drivel in a few hours.

if you think it is, as you say, over priced nonsense,
why do we fit it hen, if its nonsense???

we fit it because of the following

reliability
technical back up
help desk, (if we need it)
availability
easy to operate
and most of all it complies with the regulations

its simple really,

we do what we do
you try not to do it properly.

and we do not hold our clients to ransom, if they think (if they do) find a better quote/ company to look after there system after the first year, all well and good, we will not terrorize our clients with scare tactics to keep them.

so what the hell is your problem.

do you really not like alarm engineers,
do you wish you were one ( because i really don't think you are one, in any way shape or form)

or have you been stung by a sharp sales pitch!!!!

we don't have sales men or women within our company, we have engineering surveyors who are experienced engineers within the field to which they survey.

we don't give the customer the price there and then, we send them a full proposal for them to read over, and if they want 20 or even 100 visits from the surveyor before they decide or not decide to have the system fitted, that is what we do.

we don't say.

here it is, this is what it costs, sign here, that is not the way we work.

and what do you actually do for a job, ?? or are you just one of those who has to ask his mummy if he can use the computer to have a go at some nasty alarm engineers on line!!!

Oasis

Think I covered the part of what he actually does.
Read a manual and wishes he could understand and retain it.
We have to retain hundreds and hundreds of items for not only alarms.

What about the other aspects we handle, cctv, access, fire. All that could be what one of us fitted to the school your children attend Spacer ( if you have any, was just a comment B4 you wet yourself). All fitted to REGULATIONS.

Broaden your mind and your feeble argument. We do far far more than security systems.
All customers/Clients always have a choice.
As noted above we go back several times if needed to fine tune an installation at the quoting stage. No one has their arm twisted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back