CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying if it's to hard for your pea brain to understand is that in an area of fairly expensive housing which would likely be a target for burglary many people on good incomes many with jags and bmw s the drive are opting for diy systems clearly they think your stuff isn't worth the expense

who can blame them when there is NO evidence they are worth it

Apart from the say so of the muppets who install them

Sponsored Links
many people on good incomes many with jags and bmw s the drive are opting for diy systems clearly they think your stuff isn't worth the expense

How about this for a possibility.

There is a silent covert alarm system professional installed and an obvious DIY system. The criminal takes out the DIY system and enters the property thinking that he or she has nothing to fear. Silent alarm reacts and silent approach of police and/or security ensures the criminal is caught and property recovered.

Pea brain ? A large brain can be much less intelligent than a much smaller brain. If you must insult try and do it professionally.

But talking about low intelligence

many people on good incomes many with jags and bmw s

Perhaps they do not have insurance ( being able to replace the items ) and therefor do not need to comply with insurance requirements.

Perhaps they earn their massive income from doing things that a " pea brain " can do and do not have the intelligence to make a sensible decision based on reality about insurance and what alarm system to use.

What I'm saying if it's to hard for your pea brain to understand is that in an area of fairly expensive housing which would likely be a target for burglary many people on good incomes many with jags and bmw s the drive are opting for diy systems clearly they think your stuff isn't worth the expense

who can blame them when there is NO evidence they are worth it

Apart from the say so of the muppets who install them
Only clear to you.
You'd be surprised how tight fisted this type are.
And how many want it on the never never but fail credit check.

So no, nothing quite so clear about it at all.
Remember, you're just spouting unfounded nonsense, we happen to be the ones working from fact.

I have insurance no requirement to have an alarm ....new for old

so now we have to have 2 alarms ffs !

How many burglars are ACTUALLY caught by the police by alarms that dial out? What percentage? Do you know?

The whole call out and catch them is s myth burglars tend to not hang about
Waiting for the old bill

Maybe these people also know a bad deal when they see one?
Maybe thats why they are succesful?

Sponsored Links
Can you read the small print ? Have you had a sucessful claim ? Not all "new for old" policies pay out "new for old" without some searching questions about the loss and what had been done to reduce the risk of loss by the owner.

Yes. but not for that sake.

How many burglars are ACTUALLY caught by the police by alarms that dial out? What percentage? Do you know?
not having all the information about how many are caught and not caught I cannot give you a percentage. What I can say is that silent alarms do lead to arrests and sucessful prosecutions as I know of several such cases

The whole call out and catch them is s myth burglars tend to not hang about Waiting for the old bill

If they have entered the building without any apparent alarm sounding they will not be as quick to leave as they would if a siren is sounding.

Perhaps the "myth" is created by people selling or promoting low cost systems to persuade potential buyers of low cost systems to believe that the claims made by monitoring services and professional installers are bogus.

This has gone way off topic.

The solution is simple. If a topic comes up where someone wants assistance with their Yale alarm, a reply to the actual query should be posted. Alarm et al. don't need to troll the thread saying they're mostly inadequate for the job, unless the OP has asked if there is a better alarm available.

:idea:

We dont, we just leave it.

Blimey, all coming out of the woodwork now.

The solution is simple. If a topic comes up where someone wants assistance with their Yale alarm, a reply to the actual query should be posted. Alarm et al. don't need to troll the thread saying they're mostly inadequate for the job, unless the OP has asked if there is a better alarm available.

Seems you may not have read the topic.

Can you read the small print ? Have you had a sucessful claim ? Not all "new for old" policies pay out "new for old" without some searching questions about the loss and what had been done to reduce the risk of loss by the owner.

YES IN A PREVIOUS PROPERTY

Yes. but not for that sake.

WHY NOT GO FOR 3 ALARMS

not having all the information about how many are caught and not caught I cannot give you a percentage. What I can say is that silent alarms do lead to arrests and sucessful prosecutions as I know of several such cases

NOW WE START REACHING THE NO FACTS SCENARIO AND IT'S ALL DOWN TO THE
I KNOW HEARSAY NONSENSE.

SURELY A SELLER OF SUCH SYSTEMS SHOULD BE ABLE TO QUOTE VERIFIABLE FACTS TO SHOW YOU THAT IT'S WORTH THE MONEY?

The whole call out and catch them is s myth burglars tend to not hang about Waiting for the old bill

If they have entered the building without any apparent alarm sounding they will not be as quick to leave as they would if a siren is sounding.

Perhaps the "myth" is created by people selling or promoting low cost systems to persuade potential buyers of low cost systems to believe that the claims made by monitoring services and professional installers are bogus.

THERE ARE NO CLAIMS MADE BY MONITORING SERVICES AS THERE ARE NO FACTS
CAN YOU QUOTE DIRECTLY A LOW COST SYSTEM USING THIS TACTIC TO MAKE SALES?

I have, and also see all the posts in this forum where DIY alarm threads are trolled when not appropriate.

I have, and also see all the posts in this forum where DIY alarm threads are trolled when not appropriate.
Clearly not.

Ok - lets chip in with my two penneth worth.

Firstly and ON topic in answer to the thread title the answer is a resounding YES.
Alarm should be banned from trolling in Yale threads.

If someone puts up a post about a Yale alarm , whether that is asking how the home/alarm setting works or how to program in a siren to the system I think ANY contribution by ALARM should be treated as Trolling.
Specifically as laughably despite mastering all the galaxy panels etc he doesn't actually know how to set up a DIY system.

Secondly , Bernard Green and Oasis have both actually been on the button with their contributions , however they are neither on topic with the thread title nor have answered the question.

To answer Bernards concerns - If you get a 6400 yale system you WILL know whether your system is viable or not as the control panel indicates by an orange light and an annoying beep every 30 seconds whenever the system develops a fault.
The fault log will show tampers , low sensor batteries or if a sensor gets 'dropped' from the system.
In answer to what does it take to keep an Yale alarm working properly - change the batteries as a matter of course every 18 months.
Cost from maplins £20's worth of batteries - half an hours DIY.

As for ALARMS and OASIS day jobs fitting commercial systems - more power to your elbow - everyone needs to earn a living and fitting the stuff you do is as good a way to earn a living as any other.

As for regulations , thats fine too however you don't have to think long about it before you realise that all these regulations must have been developed because so many professional alarms in the past must have been poorly installed or customers were badly let down.

The fail rate of the Yale systems is absolutely infinitesimal as is the return rate to fix problems. I would wager that of say 400 installations my problem return rate of only 4 systems (2 for faulty parts 2 for faulty pet cats) is way way lower than what you would experience in a similar amount of pro installed systems.

Different horses for different course - different clientele different aspirations and different pocket lengths but ultimately satisfied customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back