CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of you can actually read can you
I ask saying for the average homeowner the systems you install, esp those with maintenance contracts are simply not worth the money

I'm talking about burglar alarms.. A stick up firedetector is probably enough as well all though mine are hardwired.

You live off peoples fears

I have nothing and never had anything to do with your area of work
i just know a scam when I see it

Sponsored Links
Prove your waffle or just dry up and go away.
you again missed the broad spectrum.

Constantly making comments without backup is just plain boring and in fact can be conjected as a slur.

Not your bedtime yet?

Prove that the average house holder NEEDS one of your systems?

I'm not the one getting people to pay out loads of cash for no good reason

Ask their insurance companies.
Ask the person who wants a system to do more than ring a bell/sounder.

Christ, we are back to square one again.
I`ll put you back on ignore as nothing has changed.

Your still a jealous fool who has not proved anything and this is the thread you started.

You Troll

Sponsored Links
Jealous of a scam artist I think not,

Pointless monitoring in reality

Why don't you ignore yourself you are a boring joke who had proven nothing to justify this twaddle

thats the catch isn't it !

Ok Guv you only have to sign up for a year @ 200 quid but what about the rest of his life?
Thats 200 a year forever plus any increases and hidden charges!

Once you have suckered someone in are they really going to drop out?

if you think they need the monitoring you would hardly tell them to opt out would you

As for Alarm I think you missed your meds
I do think you ought to pay closer attention to your bum chum Yaleguys' website.
Then ask yourself why the DIYer is charging for maintenance contracts. Kind of goes against your argument does it not?
Remember, this is the guy who is currently making up stories about a fictitious accreditedinstaller, his fictitious staff and business premises. Like you'd really have faith in someone like that entering your house/site.

But hey, he's cheap so that makes it all ok and nothing to worry about.

I bought and installed my system myself, nothing to do with me if people pay someone to install their diy system for themselves that's their choice, maybe they are old or disabled or not very handy

I would imagine that it's a one off charge I.e. once it's in it's done. If people want maintenance contract thats up to them.

as for diy people can buy paint themselves but employ a decorator can't they ?

In fact you can buy practically any product for house building/decorating and either do it yourself or pay someone to do it

contrary to what morons say and we all know who they are the yale can phone out when triggered to alert the owner of a break in if needed.

the way you lot carry on anyone would think you were installing space systems for nasa

Urban Dictionary (& others)

TROLL >
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Going back to the title of this thread "CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e. ..............."

Pot, Kettle & Black comes to mind here.

Urban Dictionary (& others)

TROLL >
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Going back to the title of this thread "CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e. ..............."

Pot, Kettle & Black comes to mind here.

Kind of sums up many so called installers

EVERYTIME some one posts a YALE thread one of you starts posting derogatory remarks about it normally the twit named in this thread title

THATS TROLLING plain and simple
have I ever posted in an installer thread slagging it off....No I haven't

I live in an area where houses go from about 450 to 800k I see more and more yale systems

Others are clearly catching on that DIY is a viable and cheaper option than some over blown uneeded nonsense

It seems like you could not accept that not everyone wants to pay hundreds of pounds for an alarm system and is glad with a DIY job that in reality does the same good job. Stick with the DIY stuff you like and let us fit the ones most often needed for insurance.

Thats fine just stop the trolls posting in every yale thread....thanks

Others are clearly catching on that DIY is a viable and cheaper option than some over blown uneeded nonsense

I am not an installer so have no axe to grind. But as an electronics engineer who has in the past designed the hardware, software and protocols for linking security, fire, lone worker and personal security alarms to communication systems I have an informed opinion about alarm systems.

Viable ? Any system that relies on batteries is only viable if the battery has not expired. Specifically bell boxes that cannot raise an alarm when their battery is about to expire have limited and undefinable life time after which they will not be of any value. No power = no alarm sound and it will be too late to discover that the battery is flat when the intruders are ransacking the property.

cheaper ? Yes they are but cheapness always comes at a price. To reduce the cost to manufacture some features have to be left out. The un-informed DIY purchaser will not be looking for these features so takes at face value that what he is buying will perform as stated on the box. It will for as long as it is viable but there are thing that it will not do. Some of these things are essential to verify that the system is viable and to discover any lack of viability before that lack of viability enables an intrusion to go un-detected or detected but with no alarm raised.

A system is worthless if it becomes non operational without telling the owner or other responsible person that it is non operational.

By all means express your admiration of DIY systems, you need not point out the short comings of DIY systems. It would be detrimental to sales if you did point out the effect of not having certain features and functions that are ommitted to reduce manufacture price.

But please do not say that those who install the better quality and fully featured systems are at fault for doing so.

So basically you need to check the batteries now and then or maybe I'm going out on a limb
Here Test the sounders

Just basic common sense

So basically you need to check the batteries now and then or maybe I'm going out on a limb

How would you test the batteries ? Make it sound the siren ? That might just take the last of the power from the battery leaving that item non viable. But it passed the battery test so the owner believes it is still viable.

To test a battery you need to measure the voltage when it is delivering the current it needs to deliver in use. The rate of decline in the battery voltage is for some types of battery the best indication of the battery's remaining power and condition.

I bought and installed my system myself, nothing to do with me if people pay someone to install their diy system for themselves that's their choice, maybe they are old or disabled or not very handy

I would imagine that it's a one off charge I.e. once it's in it's done. If people want maintenance contract thats up to them.

as for diy people can buy paint themselves but employ a decorator can't they ?

In fact you can buy practically any product for house building/decorating and either do it yourself or pay someone to do it

contrary to what morons say and we all know who they are the yale can phone out when triggered to alert the owner of a break in if needed.

the way you lot carry on anyone would think you were installing space systems for nasa
Good of you to confirm to all that you are spouting nonsense and flawed opinion.
Never let fact get in the way of your dogma eh?

I live in an area where houses go from about 450 to 800k I see more and more yale systems

So you keep saying - Quite what we are supposed to infer from this i don't know.

And our evidence - based on the fact we install more than your singular system - is that the two bob millionaires who like to brag about the perceived value of their property are usually tight wads who don't have a pot to p**s in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back