CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for regulations , thats fine too however you don't have to think long about it before you realise that all these regulations must have been developed because so many professional alarms in the past must have been poorly installed or customers were badly let down.

Sorry, but you come to this false conclusion based on what evidence??

You have shown you have no understanding of the regs, nor even own a single copy of any of them (your words), but feel able to make bold statements about them.

Nothing more than unfounded mud slinging.

Sponsored Links
yaleguy
as you are aware, i am a professional alarm installer, with accreditations for CCTV intruder, access control and fire detection and alarm systems, also i am a qualified and experienced electrical contractor (non domestic)

i decided many years a go to join the clan known as alarm engineers,
followed the original regulations known to all (who know) as BS4737 in all its parts.

the reason for the new? regulations is that we had to follow the european community therefore EN regulations came to pass.

the comment that you have made in regard to to false alarms etc, failures
is as is with most people who only fit out of a box systems from diy sheds is fully unfounded,

we have to, and do keep a record of all false alarms and failures, corrective maintenance and responsive call outs to our site,
with over 500 + commercial and domestic systems out there our failure of components is less than 1% per 500 systems,
our false alarm rate , caused by equipment failure) is less than .5% per 500 systems, and the false alarm rate per 500 systems caused by user error is .3% per 500 systems, the .2% are caused by unknown/electrical/acts of god activations.

so please do not think that just think we are just here to annoy you!

as i have always said.
we are here to try to help people rectify the faults and give advice that we are trained and qualified to do.

so wind your neck in Spacecat / yaleguy and who ever else thinks that taking a cheap shot at the pro`s on here is worthwhile.

but another thing i will say is that we are not aloud to fit diy systems under our acceditation system, not that i would because i don't trust them!

hopefully this will satisfy everyone, but i doubt it.

Oasis

now back to what i do best, fitting good systems at a good price for the good customers of this country, and yes we are national as well!!!

Alarm
see you on the other side mate.

On topic

Question - "CAN WE BAN TROLLS i.e MR ALARM from YALE Threads"

Answer - NO YOU CANT

Ok - lets chip in with my two penneth worth. ~~~~
To answer Bernards concerns - If you get a 6400 yale system you WILL know whether your system is viable or not as the control panel indicates by an orange light and an annoying beep every 30 seconds whenever the system develops a fault.

Can the Bell Box inform the control panel that the battery in the Bell Box is running out of power ? I seem to recall the Bell Box is receive only and therefor cannot send messages to the control panel.

In answer to what does it take to keep an Yale alarm working properly - change the batteries as a matter of course every 18 months. Cost from maplins £20's worth of batteries - half an hours DIY.

Included in the half hour is arranging a ladder to reach the Bell Box. If a DIYer can safely reach the Bell Box then so can any one.

you don't have to think long about it before you realise that all these regulations must have been developed because so many professional alarms in the past must have been poorly installed or customers were badly let down.

That is the reason. And now customers can choose to use a person who complies with the regulations during the installation and has been vetted by the police and other agencies. Vetting essential to reduce to near zero the risk that the installer uses his oor her knowledge of the system to allow un-athorised access to the protected building to go un-noticed by the alarm.

The fail rate of the Yale systems is absolutely infinitesimal as is the return rate to fix problems.

The KNOWN fail rate

I inserted the red, I know of one DIY alarm installed, used for a few months and then left for dead. No report of failure or false alarm was ever made. The owner just gave up and abandoned the "system"

Sponsored Links
HND IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
further qualifications C&G in electronic servicing and the installation of life protection systems and intruder alarms.

so yes i am and ENGINEER

and proud of it.

Oasis

i don't know about anyone elses qualifications but i know mine!

Can the Bell Box inform the control panel that the battery in the Bell Box is running out of power ? I seem to recall the Bell Box is receive only and therefor cannot send messages to the control panel.

YALEGUY STATED THAT THE 6400 HAS A LOW BATTERY SENSOR

Included in the half hour is arranging a ladder to reach the Bell Box. If a DIYer can safely reach the Bell Box then so can any one.

DO INSTALLERS USE MAGIC LADDERS?I HAVE SEEN LOADS OF ALARM BELL BOXES I COULD REACH WITH A LADDER. ADT THE LOT

That is the reason. And now customers can choose to use a person who complies with the regulations during the installation and has been vetted by the police and other agencies. Vetting essential to reduce to near zero the risk that the installer uses his oor her knowledge of the system to allow un-athorised access to the protected building to go un-noticed by the alarm.

PLEASE DON'T MENTION CRB CHECKS AS PART OF THE VETTING AND ANY ALARM CAN BE CIRCUMVENTED BY A PROFESSIONAL

I inserted the red, I know of one DIY alarm installed, used for a few months and then left for dead. No report of failure or false alarm was ever made. The owner just gave up and abandoned the "system

I LOVE ANECDOTAL TOTALLY UNVERIFIABLE INFORMATION, MAYBE THE ALLEGED OWNER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE FOR ADVICE

PLEASE DON'T MENTION CRB CHECKS AS PART OF THE VETTING AND ANY ALARM CAN BE CIRCUMVENTED BY A PROFESSIONAL

I LOVE ANECDOTAL TOTALLY UNVERIFIABLE INFORMATION ..........

Instead of writing any more uninformed rubbish, I suggest you contact the Criminal Record Bureau at http://www.direct.gov.uk/crb and tell them that you know all about these checks and how they do not work.

Of course they will ask for verifiable proof that you can substantiate your claim.

Please be good enough to post here again with the response and outcome of your complaints.

I know you won't do this because you are all mouth and trousers, no bottle.

Instead of writing any more uninformed rubbish, I suggest you contact the Criminal Record Bureau at http://www.direct.gov.uk/crb and tell them that you know all about these checks and how they do not work.

Of course they will ask for verifiable proof that you can substantiate your claim.

Please be good enough to post here again with the response and outcome of your complaints.

I know you won't do this because you are all mouth and trousers, no bottle.

You Mean that Great system that has a HUGE back log that can take months to clear, often gets it wrong with some people wrongly registered and only FLAGS up the people that get CAUGHT and lets face it loads of dodgy characters DONT have criminal records

You Mean that Great system that has a HUGE back log that can take months to clear, often gets it wrong with some people wrongly registered and only FLAGS up the people that get CAUGHT and lets face it loads of dodgy characters DONT have criminal records
Yes, as I said, "I know you won't do this because you are all mouth and trousers, no bottle."

Yes, as I said, "I know you won't do this because you are all mouth and trousers, no bottle."

Why would i do anything based on the words of a moron.
Facts are facts and trying to justify your 'Semi' profession on the basis of CRB checks is a bit pathetic

So post your facts.
The one thing you ask for and when provided you hightail out.

Give us the facts you have to prove your constant bickering.

Well......................

I didn't mention CRB because vetting was happening long before CRB checks began.

I LOVE ANECDOTAL TOTALLY UNVERIFIABLE INFORMATION,

I detect sarcasm that implies you put no value on anecdotal information. When for the benefit of others you pass on information derived from your experience do you consider your information to be anecdotal and unverifiable after it has left you.

MAYBE THE ALLEGED OWNER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE FOR ADVICE

He was the owner, he had the receipt, and he did seek advice from the manufacturer who would not recognise any short comings of "their" equipment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back