Can we trust the police?

I wonder how long some of the 'critics' on here would last doing a coppers job.
Especially in the politically correct, compo culture we have in this country.

Sponsored Links
The punching appears unnecessary, but he was clearly goading the officers, one of whom started talking on his radio.

When the drunken 'victim' knew he was about to be arrested he ran away before any of the PCs started running, and then resisted arrest for D&D.

What kind of idiot would stand in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night, calling out and gesticulating to three PCs, and honestly claim that any trouble they got into was unfair?

Sponsored Links
[url=http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/4722.htm?linkfrom=feed_newsandweather&link=link_5&article=index]Orange[/url] said:
Lance Corporal Aspinall, who admitted being drunk and swearing at the officers...
...and the CCTV footage clearly shows him running away, falling over, struggling and resisting arrest.

And yet:

[url=http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/4722.htm?linkfrom=feed_newsandweather&link=link_5&article=index]Orange[/url] said:
Crown Court Judge John Phipps quashed the verdict...
So one court ruled that he was guilty, and another quashed it. But this isn't a case of an injustice - he admitted his guilt.

The punching appears unnecessary, but he was clearly goading the officers, one of whom started talking on his radio.

When the drunken 'victim' knew he was about to be arrested he ran away before any of the PCs started running, and then resisted arrest for D&D.

What kind of idiot would stand in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night, calling out and gesticulating to three PCs, and honestly claim that any trouble they got into was unfair?
I guess it comes down to whether the instant 'punishment' for a D&D should include a beating and having your face scraped on the road doesn't it!...and if you watch closely, plod moves before he does!

Cops are supposed to be trained how to deal with 'saturday night trouble' with the minimum of force!

The cops probably thought they were being excessive too, due to their furtive looking around, and the cessation of the violence when they realised people were watching from the cars!

I wonder what type of cctv footage we'll be looking at when the announced big increase in taser deployment takes place... ;)

So one court ruled that he was guilty, and another quashed it. But this isn't a case of an injustice - he admitted his guilt.
He admitted D&D, not assault..

So he wasn't politely asking them the time.
:)

Here's a question:- is everyone who's seen military action now known as a "war hero", or does the term apply only when they've been drunk and disorderly, then arrested and successfully prosecuted?

If you are a perfectly honest law abiding citizen and treat all coppers POLITELY, then you should not have any problems. If however you are not and treat them impolitely then you deserve whatever you get.

so some prick in a yellow vest barges their way in through your front door and you are supposed to be polite

get real

me i start swinging :rolleyes:

Here's a question:- is everyone who's seen military action now known as a "war hero", or does the term apply only when they've been drunk and disorderly, then arrested and successfully prosecuted?
I thought we were supposed to regard all our troops who have prosecuted the current wars as 'heroic'?...(well that's what the politicians tell us anyway, don't they?)

But as to whether it was a 'successful' prosecution, then I guess the appeals court judge, who might just have had access to more evidence than even you softus, decided it was 'unsuccessful... ;)

If you are a perfectly honest law abiding citizen and treat all coppers POLITELY, then you should not have any problems. If however you are not and treat them impolitely then you deserve whatever you get.

That cuts both ways..

Kev Plumb wrote:
so some p***k in a yellow vest barges their way in through your front door and you are supposed to be polite

get real

me i start swinging icon_rolleyes.gif

I can picture the scene..

Someone barges in through your front door and you imeadiatly don a gimp mask and start throwing the keys on the table..

Kinky :D

Seems as if you are defending their actions?

From watching the vid, it appears that 1 minute passes from the time the coppers grab him, until the time they lift him to his feet. For the majority of that time, the perp/victim remains uncuffed. Although when they finally do get the cuffs on him, he continues to get assaulted.

So how long does it take 3 coppers (one who weighs 20 stone) to get the handcuffs onto a suspect who is not only face down, but also being knelt upon by 3 of them?

Almost a minute makes me think they they are **** at being policemen and should lose their jobs for being a trio of butterfingered incompetents, never mind the issue of the beating and face scraping.

In a previous youtube referenced posting (page 4 of this topic) I mentioned that the kid in the vid should have been hit by the police trying to arrest him, being that he was very difficult to restrain. But the second the cuffs are on, a suspect poses no further risk and any further blows from the police should be classified as assault.

I can't help thinking that the 3 coppers atop the squaddy deliberately delayed putting on the cuffs so they felt that they had an excuse to rough him up.

Sponsored Links
Back