Can you help to find the fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to visit a hair dresser, he complained that only few of his sockets and lights are working, I had some difficulties to find the fault, can some
one help? Attached there is a photo might help!

Sponsored Links
Have you tried replacing the socket fronts?
I could not because they are connected directly to the lights above the mirrors using 0.75mm2 wires!!!. if I change the plates i might loos the lights... :(

Sponsored Links
Just look how much damage a few drops of pH neutral hair conditioner can do ! ! !

I do not think so, the guy (electrician is not the right word to use) who installed this system, was bold outside and empty inside...he did not use shampoo

err, doesn't that look like the neutral supply in to the ccu? If so could the problem be caused by loose connection?

I think we all assume it is a loose connection on the RCD that caused the problem......all the posts have been in jest ;)

It must be the old colours, they aren't compatible with the new regulations (that would be the microsoft answer :LOL: )

The real reason for showing this photo is just because we know that this can happen and we know that it happens, but not very often we see the results so clearly. This installation was one of the most unsafe installations I ever worked on; as mentioned 0.75mm2 wires directly from the sockets to lights (no cpc), connection above the ceiling tiles by twisting the wires together and in most cases not even insulated (the ceiling tiles are fitted in a metal frame) etc.

For a change I did not really need help here. Sorry and many thanks for those who tried to help... :oops:

The real reason for showing this photo is just because we know that this can happen and we know that it happens, but not very often we see the results so clearly.

More of these would help in-experienced DIYers to realise the dangers that can be created by poor workmanship and in-complete knowledge.

Sorry and many thanks for those who tried to help... :oops:

Why apologise for educating some people.

Why apologise for educating some people.

I apologized to those who tried to help, because the way it was written, it could make the impression that I really needed advice, and I don't want them to think that I am taking the...p.

Albert, did you telephone the council's health and safety / public health dept? I would have. Putting the public at serious risk of electric shock, and risking fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back