Can you owned a car regardless of age?

Quick Fit said:
ban-all-sheds said:
masona said:
In the real world don't we have to tell them who parked the car illegally at the time, the same goes as speeding ticket?
Just say you don't know.

If you tell them you dont know, then the registered keeper of the car will be liable.

ban-all-sheds said:
It used to be (maybe still is) a good dodge to get round parking tickets - transfer ownership of the car (and therefore ultimate responsibility for paying same) to someone too young to be prosecuted for non-payment of parking tickets...

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
ban-all-sheds wrote:
It used to be (maybe still is) a good dodge to get round parking tickets - transfer ownership of the car (and therefore ultimate responsibility for paying same) to someone too young to be prosecuted for non-payment of parking tickets...

True enough, however one would struggle to obtain comprehensive insurance for said car.

Sponsored Links
Mmm, my broker seems to concur with you Ban, and would give me fully comp. in someone elses car. However, if the minor I nominated as the legal owner took the car out and wrote it off, the underwriter apparently wouldn't pay out on my policy, but would if I wrote it off. To be comprehensively covered literally would need the minor as a named driver on the policy which would be a non starter due to age and non qualified status. I would be comp. covered, but the car wouldn't. Or something like that!

ban-all-sheds said:
Quick Fit said:
ban-all-sheds said:
masona said:
In the real world don't we have to tell them who parked the car illegally at the time, the same goes as speeding ticket?
Just say you don't know.

If you tell them you dont know, then the registered keeper of the car will be liable.

ban-all-sheds said:

Then they could take the car as default payment.

Back