Cancel Sky

Sponsored Links
Using Kody on a firestick, or any other device, is illegal. Amazon no longer sell the doctored firesticks so you will have to do the doctoring yourself.

I need to cancel Sky, I pay a fortune every month on top of the multiple streaming services we subscribe to.

There is absolutely nothing on Sky that we watch and the luxury isn’t justifying the cost anymore.

Every time I go to cancel they drop all my monthly bills while adding loads of new stuff and throwing in their latest equipment and convince myself it’s worth it but their internet service is crap now, the latest router is junk, the latest STB is pretty good, give em that but the channels are nothing but repeats and stuff I wouldn’t watch.

Literally the only real benefit for me is that it simplifies buying boxing PPVs.

Haven’t used Kodi in a long time, I gave up because the addons were polluted with scammers and broken links… you’d miss half a sporting event trying to find a steady stream and there was no guarantee it wouldn’t drop out at some point during the fight/match…

Any better these days?

Sponsored Links
Haven’t used Kodi in a long time, I gave up because the addons were polluted with scammers and broken links… you’d miss half a sporting event trying to find a steady stream and there was no guarantee it wouldn’t drop out at some point during the fight/match…

Any better these days?
It works fine for me. If you subscribe to one of the paid hosting services such as real-debrid.com they have their own dedicated servers and can stream content up to 4K with no buffering. Costs around £14 for a 6 month subscription. For live stuff, you need to use a vpn for best results as a lot of the links are from the USA and you need a vpn to appear to be within the USA. You can get a decent VPN for around £40 for two years if you purchase through a cashback site.
4K Firesticks are on sale for less than £30 at the moment on Amazon.

It works fine for me. If you subscribe to one of the paid hosting services such as real-debrid.com they have their own dedicated servers and can stream content up to 4K with no buffering. Costs around £14 for a 6 month subscription. For live stuff, you need to use a vpn for best results as a lot of the links are from the USA and you need a vpn to appear to be within the USA. You can get a decent VPN for around £40 for two years if you purchase through a cashback site.
4K Firesticks are on sale for less than £30 at the moment on Amazon.

Might give it another go then.

Cost of living crisis and all that but I do love the convenience of having legit streaming service packages and can just seamlessly switch to the Netflix app on my TV and browse through the stuff with multiple user accounts.

One thing I absolutely loved about Kodi (before it got ****) was the sheer library of movies. Some apps categorised them into "decade" and stuff like that, you could go in and browse lists of 80's movies you hadn't seen in years.

What would happen if I just cancelled my direct debit.

As they are running me round in circles trying to cancel my subscription

I need to cancel Sky, I pay a fortune every month on top of the multiple streaming services we subscribe to.

There is absolutely nothing on Sky that we watch and the luxury isn’t justifying the cost anymore.

Brother's got Sky. Whenever I stay at his I flick through endless lists and rarely find anything worth watching - just endless, often US, mindless garbage.

He's on about getting rid now.

Brother's got Sky. Whenever I stay at his I flick through endless lists and rarely find anything worth watching - just endless, often US, mindless garbage.

He's on about getting rid now.

We hardly use it. All I want is Internet and Netflix then I'll go Freeveiw

When I moved in to my current place I didn't bother getting a TV license as I had loads of work to do on it first, plus I was out of the country a lot. So many threatening letters from TV licensing, I've decided not to bother. I can live without Live TV and Iplayer. We have Prime and Disney+ and most of the channels have apps. £140ish quid saved for nearly 2 years now. We have 4 smart TVs in the house, none of which are connected to the areal (not that, that matters).

If you have to give notice as per contract, then you have to give notice. Cancelling the DD enables them to commence debt recovery.

If you had given your notice when you started this thread, you'd be shot of them by now!

If you had given your notice when you started this thread, you'd be shot of them by now!

When I had a home line they did not answer. I now can't find a number that I can call on my mobile that will not cost a Bob or two. And their website makes my head spin.

Sponsored Links
Back