SKY

Even if you don't go for multiroom. If you slip the engineer a tenner he might install your old box in another room, then you can use it as a freesat from sky box.
You can get over 200 channels without subscribing to sky

Sponsored Links
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Looks like its going to have to be a bribe then... :evil:

Aye, as far as I know, on a single box, the phone line is only ever used for telling Sky about pay movies you've watched, and for "real" interactive services (which nobody ever uses). The box will never dial out of its own accord.

On a multiroom, the phone line is used as above, and for checking the boxes are in the same house every couple of weeks. The boxes are programmed to dial out every so often, and a record is made that they are still on the same phone number (the engineer programmes them as a multiroom setup when he installs them)

And you must fit filters to them if you have broadband. ;) Or to Sky it will look like they are unplugged. I found this out the hard way (threatening letters as above).

AFAIK, the boxes dial out at such a stupid time so that nobody would be on the phone anyway. 3-4am or such. I remember waking up at such a time once, and seeing an extra green light on my Sky box, wondered what the hell was going on :LOL:

How do Sky know if you have both Digiboxes connected to one phone line?

Sky can send a signal via satellite to tell each Digibox to "phone home". Sky's computer can see the phone number and the serial number of each Digibox. (If your phone number is normally withheld you must enter the 1470 prefix in the menu of each Digibox! and remember to use phone filters if you have broadband)

Sky insist that you have both Digiboxes connected to one phone line to stop you from lending your Digibox and mirror card to someone else who ought to be paying the full subscription.

How often do Sky check this?

Nobody knows for certain but my guess is: about once a month.

If it's difficult to add an extra hard wired phone socket for your second sky box there is a kit which plugs into the mains socket and sends the phone connection through your 230 volt house wiring.

So can you take your Digibox and card on holiday without Sky finding out?

Only if it doesn't coincide with Sky's monthly (?) check. If they find your Digibox is not connected, they will send you a warning letter. If they find it's not connected a second time, they'll probably invoice you for TWO full subscriptions, backdated to the day you signed the contract.

However, it may be feasible for you to leave both Digiboxes connected at home and take a different Digibox on holiday with one of your viewing cards. You would then be able to watch only the non-premium channels.

There is, of course, a good argument for NOT leaving anything plugged in while you are away from home. The Fire Brigade and the Police recommend unplugging everything, on the grounds of safety. Unfortunately, Sky's lawyers would probably eat you for breakfast

If you are (for example) upgrading a standard Digibox to Sky+ at the same time then your existing card MUST be activated in the NEW Digibox and the multiroom card MUST be put in the existing Digibox. If you do it any other way, the Sky computer system gets confused! ;)

Sponsored Links
You would be better off on Cable Zampa. PM me and I will fill you in if interested.

I can show you a top deal.

Cheersmate..unfortunaty this is Rural Wales where they still point at Aeroplanes...we have only just started to receive coloured televison pictures!

Its great..apparently the Americans have put someone on the moon..we missed that but we hope to see the splash down next week though.

;)

Cheers mate..unfortunaty this is Rural Wales where they still point at Aeroplanes...we have only just started to receive coloured televison pictures!

Have you got the invention called the wheel yet :?: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back