Cannon C60 Gas cooker trips RCD when trying to light ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: FAULT:
I have a problematic Cannon C60GPX which trips the house RCD as soon as you try to ignite top OR bottom ovens. Top rings ignite okay, clock sets okay.

:idea: NOTE:
The fault has not shown up until today when a new 17th Edition Dual RCD Consumer Unit 12 Way 5+5+2 has just been fitted and all tests on all house circuits passed. The RCDs are 80A 30mA. No MCBs trip. It just knocks the whole house off line due to A earth leakage trip on due to the cooker ovens igniting (or not).

:?: QUESTION:
Anyone know what item is lightly to need replacement?
Anyone have a schematic of the circuit?
Anyone have a parts breakdown of the appliance?
Anything else that may be useful

Thanks in advance
:)

Sponsored Links
:idea: Today I removed the FSD Solenoid-Bypass GSD250 ROHS valve on the bottom oven gas feed pipe. It appears that the coil is causing an earth leakage so I took out the inside valve and disconnected the wires and the ovens fired up with no problem. I have ordered a new valve Pt. No. C00193012 at £56. :!:

I also had to take the bottom oven bulb out as this is on the same circuit and was also causing the RCD to trip independently as well even though the bulb does not appear to be blown.

:idea: Hope this helps others that may come across the fault and any comments why it may have failed or if you have come across the fault before, please post your experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back