CAN'T FIT CEILING ROSE!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!

I'm actually female,
can we have photographic evidence of this please?
and just cos its easy for you,its not easy for everyone. Thats the point of the forum isnt it? never mind,thanks 4ur imput

Just on the off-chance this isn't a wind-up, then it should be very simple. If you haven't omitted any other information, then there isn't really a obvious explanation as to why your other light doesn't work.

If you have told the whole story, then I suggest you get a spark in to check. It'll either take 10 mins to fix ( at a low cost) or he will reveal other problems which you don't have a cat-in-hells chance of fixing with help from people who cannot see the job, sorry....

Sponsored Links
If you were female, sweetheart, I would've noticed it by now and offered assistance.

Good luck with your next wind-up.....

Lucia.
OMG!ur crazy,man!! All i wanted was a little help, and i get accused of being a bloke!! Ur none the wiser abiout my problem than i am.So u only assist women??!!. My electrician is on his way, and wen i post the verdict u can apologise 4 doubting my gender :mad:

ok, the electrician says it was a two way switch wire with no feed ,or a feed with no switch(something like that) and the neutral had come out of the light in the spare room(I knocked it when i was getting the ladders to do this job) and the landing light was the end light I think he said.He put the neutral back in the spare room light,and everything worked!! So, job sorted,a big thanks for every1 who offered help, and here is a pic for prince of darkness who sed I was a man.(no"well you look like a man anyway"comments please!!)
Annette x

Aah, two faults for the price of one.

Glad you got fixed up, as they say. :D

How much did he charge you BTW?

Sponsored Links
Annie: I'm pleased that you're no longer in the dark and I very much regret that I doubted your gender. So, please accept my sincere, grovelling apology.

I now have no doubt at all that that attractive lady in the photo is indeed you (and not your sister, wife or daughter).

The funny thing is, it occurred to me a few days ago that you might have dislodged a wire to the light in your spare room whilst fumbling around in the attic. But I didn't mention it at the time - in case I caused offence......

Best wishes,

Lucia.

looks a bit like TPT..

see, my earlier post wast almost right..

"I've not done anything to any of the other lights or switches... oh except for knock the one that's not working.. " :rolleyes:

Nice 1 Annette, glad its sorted ;)

Out of curiosity, how long was he there and what did he charge you ( if you don't mind me asking)

BTW, yummy! :cool:

Nice 1 Annette, glad its sorted ;)

Out of curiosity, how long was he there and what did he charge you ( if you don't mind me asking)

BTW, yummy! :cool:
Awww shucks!!
He was here for 10 mins and charged me £15, I gave him £20 cos I was so relieved!! Thanks 2 every1 for your help XXX

Annette, great picture of you, and the lamp! It made me think of moving up to Maanchester so i could be "nearby" next time you had a problem, or if you needed a hand with anything.

Bu,t blood is thicker than water, and we don't do £15 for a call out down south. Such a pity.

Annette, great picture of you, and the lamp! It made me think of moving up to Maanchester so i could be "nearby" next time you had a problem, or if you needed a hand with anything.

Bu,t blood is thicker than water, and we don't do £15 for a call out down south. Such a pity.
I was lucky, he could have charged me £50,wouldn't have been any the wiser! He could have said "oh,its yer double core galvanized trip switch motor-rotor earth mount" and I would have accepted it. That why we're are all terrified of calling you guys out,and end up on here trying to sort it ourselves!! :D

Annette: you look lovely and I never doubted you for one minute. I live in Stockport and would like to take you out tomorrow night.....

oh hello darling. What am I doing? Nothing, why?

Ouch! Why are you hitting me?

Annette: you look lovely and I never doubted you for one minute. I live in Stockport and would like to take you out tomorrow night.....

oh hello darling. What am I doing? Nothing, why?

Ouch! Why are you hitting me?
Vey funny!! post a pic of urself and i mite take u up on that kind offer...we could discuss earth cables and the traditional-v- halogen bulb over a cider.... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back