Cant get Ryobi chainsaw started

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought brand new yesterday. Filled it with chain oil. Made up the petrol / oil mix (50-1), filled the tank.

Now I can't get it started. I have followed all the instructions. I did get it started and ran it for 10 mins, chopped a few logs and then switched it off. It rested for about three hours and cooled off. I went to start it again, from cold, with the choke out and it just wont fire up.

I get a few splutters and thats it. As I pull back the cords it does seem quite rough.

Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
The engine could be flooded...if you are uncertain about two strokes and when to use the choke, try without it first, keeping the throttle wide open.
Pop the spark plug out, crank the engine a few times briskly, dry the plug and try again. Don't overdo the priming bulb pressing on these.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back