Cant identify this valliant boiler...

Sponsored Links
DM will know that when he gets back on.

Pressure looks high though.

Mr. W.

take off the bottom grey panel and look underneath the combustion chamber there will be a data plate there which will say either vcw242 or 282
will also be a 7 figure number that starts 47 ### ## this is the GC number

Sponsored Links
As Namsag says its a VCW 242 or VCW 282. From the colour of the fascia plate and the type of combustion chamber cover I'd say 1994/95.

God I'm sad :LOL:

Hi, thankjs for your replies, does anyone know where to download the manual, I have searched everywhere, I have a hot water problem with this boiler, it runs fine for around 10 mins and then goes cold for some reason, although if you wait another 10 mins, it will actually pick up heat again, not good for a shower though! are the any parts prone to clogging up inside the boiler, I am not expecting the DHW heat exchanger as it will provide hot water for over 10 mins at a time, however, maybe the temp sensor may have scaled up?

I would guess that its a gas/combustion problem but we are not able to give DIY repair advice on that.

So you may need a gas registered engineer.

Tony

Probably a blocked HX have come across same problem on this vcw before and it was blocked HX

Yes, the cycle time is around 7, 8-10 mins, bit strange really, but when it goes cold its freezing!, your quite welcome to tell me about the combustion details, only its technically illegal for me to act on your information.

on another note, if it was the heat exchanger ( HX ) wouldnt it just go back and forth from hot to cold, or just stay luke warm? Its strange how it will actually keep its heat for nearly 10 mins, and then drop to freezing.

this may not be a problem for some if you have a quick shower, but there are women in the house who dont like it!

also, the instruction manual has been lost, and I cant find a link to download one, anyone know of a site or a link to get it?

Hi, I have made you as a friend and sent you a message? did you recieve it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back