Can't read the Boiler Inspection remedial works comments!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are in the process of purchasing a house and have been provided a photocopy of the latest British Gas Boiler Inspection Checklist. Unfortunately I can't read the engineers comments about what remedial works are required. I was hoping someone familiar with Boiler terminology might be able to translate it into plain English for me?

IMG_20161011_115253

Many thanks to any one who takes the time to read and reply!
Bojj

Attachments

• IMG_20161011_115253.jpg
    IMG_20161011_115253.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 187
Sponsored Links
The first comment refers to the position of your flue in relation to a soil pipe/window.

Still working on the rest. Think the BG man was a doctor in a past life.....

Vents, yes, but what type? Can't see confirm in BG man's scrawl - but concede you actually came up with a word, which is more than I could.....

Oh, and I think I see no T/ guard.

Sponsored Links
Flue position to soil pipe & window - too close?
Compart vents required ?
Terminal guard - possibly no guard fitted and required given flue position?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with above. Model of boiler would help to determine if in fact compartment vents are required.

Don't worry all things that used to be classed as 'not to current standards', a category which no longer exists.

It says compart vents req

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I have you input I definitely agree it says "Flue Pos to Soil Pipe / Window, No T/Guard & Compart Vents Reqd". I love it how above the box it says 'write clearly'!!
Are these type of issues relatively easy / inexpensive to resolve?
Unfortunately I do not know the make / model of the boiler although I could probably try and find out.

Flue position is a bit difficult as it would mean moving boiler/or extending flue if at all possible. Flue guard is inexpensive and can be diyed. Compartment vents are again easy to fit and inexpensive and are considered a requirement to cool the boiler and its components. Their size is dependant on boiler. Again, these are all what was classed as not to current standards which has now been withdrawn as a classification.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back