Capriz Boiler C24 / C28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I had to call out an engineer from Heat line under my warranty to repair my boiler because I had a leak from my Three Way Valve. This was all replaced and worked fine, now a year on I’m having the same problem. Also now when my thermostat calls for heat it lights the boiler for about a min then cuts out before reaching the set temp.

someone suggested that it could be due to having 15mm pipes coming straight off the Flow and return instead 22mm. Do you think this could be a factor? or do you think my boiler might be the wrong size for the house? I live in a 3 Bed mid-terrace with a basement. I have the following radiators in the house:-

Hallway - 1 x 900mm(w) x 900mm(h) Double
Lounge - 1 x 1900mm(w) x 400mm(h) Double (in bay window)
1 x 900mm(w) x 900mm(h) Double in the dining area of the lounge
Kitchen - 1 x 300mm(w) x 700mm(h) Single
Basement - 2 x 1000mm(w) x 400mm(h) Single
Bedroom 1 - 2 x 1000mm(w) x 400(h) Double
Bedroom 2 - 1 x 1000mm(w) x 400(h) Double
Bedroom 3 - 1 x 700mm(w) x 400mm(h) Single
bathroom - heated towel rail 400mm(w) x 1000(h)

All the pipe work through out the house is 15mm.

Sponsored Links
The Heatline engineer should have explained to you that the valve was leaking on the actuating pin because the system was not powerflushed by the installer.

They should not have changed it under the warrantee and should have charged you for their visit!

As you have still not had the system power flushed then same problem has occured again!

Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony.

He did mention to power flush the system he came out last so i had my father in law (who is a retired plummer) power flush the system. Is this still why the problem is occuring? does the 15mm running stright off the boiler have anything to do with the ongoing problem?

The 15 mm will only limit the amount of heat that can be fed into the heating circuit and has no direct significance to the leaking valve.

It would improve the heating if that were corrected.

Can you explain exactly what you father did to power flush the system and what chemicals and which power flushing equipment was used?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'll try and get hold of him later and find out what he used.

do you think the type of boiler i've got is too small for the amount of radiators i've got in my house? my brother lives 2 doors up from me and recently installed a 36kw boiler on the recommendation of his plummer.

hello,

sounds like it is still full of crap, would check to see if the return filter is blocked. the CH output will do your house easy. but having a 15mm flow and return will limit the how much heat you are going to get out of it.

combi's are size for hot water not CH. even the smallest combi would heat most homes it the uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back