Car Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
<Sigh>

There is no love in the world these days. No care for your fellow man, or his posessions.

I would really like to meet the person who parked their blue car next to mine yesterday between 6am and 6pm, then proceeded to open both doors on that side, SLAMMING them into the side of my car, making two significant dents and paint scuffs (one is 5cm long).

I have two things to say to him:

1. Why do you go around vandalising peoples cars? (It is vandalism, they have not left their details after knowingly causing damage to my property)
2. Kindly park your car next to mine once again, so that I may return the favour. (An eye for an eye)

Arsehole.

As an aside, I park my car parallel with a wall, with the tip of the left wing mirror approx. 2cm from the wall, such that there is plenty of space between my car and the pavement for another car's doors to open comfortably.

And to think, following this incident, that person probably came into my shop and I was very polite and courteous to them. It makes me sick to my stomach that we live amongst such people.

Sponsored Links
Handy tip: never park straight or considerately. Especially at the supermarket, I park away from everyone else, at an angle with at least one wheel across the line. No one every parks next to me because they assume I will hit their car on the way out. I got fed up with the same thing happening to me, but no problems now.

I know it's a bit late, but HTH,
Bri.

I have lost count of all the times someone has opened their car door into my vehicle while I have been sitting in it eating my lunch!!

When it happens, I sound my horn and the offender looks at me as if to say, "what have I done?"....

One elderly lady even denied bashing my door. I told her I wanted her details so I could make a claim against her for the damage. She denied it even when I got out of the car and showed her the dent and mark on my door (white, off her car) and the corresponding mark on her door (blue, off my car). She continued to deny it even when she opened her door to drive off and I pointed out the position of the marks matched exactly. He last words to me were "See you!", accompanied by a smile.

So I took her index number & told the police she had damaged my car and driven off, having failed to give me her details.

My insurance company made a full recovery.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Handy tip: never park straight or considerately. Especially at the supermarket,

I remember doing this when our kids were babies.

It was a busy day at the supermarket. All the mother/ baby spaces were taken. So I decided to park well away from the store where there were plenty of spaces. To give us plenty of room to access the kids, I parked with the centre of the car on a white line dividing two spaces.

When I got back, there was a note on the windscreen. There was so much profanity on it, I couldn't repeat it here, as it would just be a load of "*****************"'s!

I also found a long deep scratch on the driver's door.

I thought I was parking considerately by leaving the car in an area that was not busy, with spaces to spare. I parked "inconsiderately" for a reason: the neatness and way the car was lined up down the middle of two spaces should have shown it was by design, not accident.

How wrong I was.

So beware parking "inconsiderately".

I have lost count of all the times someone has opened their car door into my vehicle while I have been sitting in it eating my lunch!!

When it happens, I sound my horn and the offender looks at me as if to say, "what have I done?"....

One elderly lady even denied bashing my door. I told her I wanted her details so I could make a claim against her for the damage. She denied it even when I got out of the car and showed her the dent and mark on my door (white, off her car) and the corresponding mark on her door (blue, off my car). She continued to deny it even when she opened her door to drive off and I pointed out the position of the marks matched exactly. He last words to me were "See you!", accompanied by a smile.

So I took her index number & told the police she had damaged my car and driven off, having failed to give me her details.

My insurance company made a full recovery.... ;)

I had something similar when parked in Asda's car park. Some old bag parked next to me in her ancient Micra. As the got out, her door lightly tapped mine. I let it go.

However, when this wizened old prune returned to her car, her drivers door banged mine again, but with much more force. When I complained, I was met with a mouthful of abuse. If she had been a male of my age, I would have happily laid him out cold on the tarmac.

To add insult to injury, as she pulled away, she gave me the 'finger'. I could feel myself boiling with rage, and felt tempted to succum to the 'red mist' that was now decending.

I now understand how many stranger on stranger voilent crimes come about. There you are, minding your own business, waiting for 'er indoors to fetch the week's groceries, and scum search you out, damage your property, and give you a mouthful when you complain.

Quote: Jean Paul Satre
'Hell Is Other People'.

We were in Stressco's car park when I saw this Asian girl in a Micra drive forward from the second row of spaces to save reversing back. She turned the steering too soon and totalled the front of the car that was next to her but one row in front if you get my drift.

She pulled forward across the road into the next row of spaces (next to me), got out of her car, had a look and saw that she'd ripped the side out of her own car. Made a phone call with a lot of hysteria thrown in. She kept looking at me and my mum in my car. She'd sat for ages and just out of curiosity, I drove off - I only went up one side of the car park and down the other - it was to see what she'd do. She immediately hoofed it away.

By good luck, I took her registration number down and so did a girl in another car. We sat and waited on the damaged car owner coming out and told her what happened. The woman contacted the police who were not impressed at somebody driving away from the scene of an accident.

Then some silly little girl (Gawd I'm getting old) reversed blindly out of a space in Morrisons, right into the side of my car and then tried to say that I had reversed into her!!!!! I was sitting at a right angle to her car and if I'd reversed into her, how was it that the side of my car was smashed!!!

And my favourite gripe at the moment? I have a disabled parking space outside the house for my grandmother, who is in a wheelchair. There's a stinking great sticker on the back of my car asking for room to be left to allow wheelchair access, yet somebody (same person every day - they go to the college down the road and don't want to pay car parking fees) parks within 6 inches of my back bumper. It really ****es me off!

I had an old guy reverse into the side of me a fair few years ago when I was driving about in a banger of a Peugeot 405, just had a look out of the window without getting out and told him to forget about it as I couldnt see any major damage, got home and couldn't open the bloody door. :LOL:

Probably 3 years ago I had the rear quater resprayed on my car after some numpty had scraped my wheel arch, two days later in the local co-op carpark some numpty scraped a trolley down the side of the new paint leaving a dent/scratch, typical really.

I did once leave a footprint in the rear quater of a 3 series BMW at a services on the A1 after some rep slammed his car door open into mine and just walked off when I confronted him.

When younger I used to enjoy having a brand new spanking car but found people deliberately scratching them, one car which I really liked had a key scratch from back to front down one side,it broke my heart!
After that I didnt bother with nice cars and just look on them as workhorses now that i've got the "nice car" bug out of my system and just ignore dents and scratches now.

Down this part of the world the bane of my life are broken wing mirrors. They are £100 each to replace on our jeep. So far three over the past 18 months all caused by me slowing to the nearside on narrow roads to allow other cars to pass safely! Two of the drivers were mothers on the school run, both slowed down to see what they had done and sped off.

My postman tells me I am doing it wrong. I should stay in the centre of the road and force others to slow and pull in!

I had the glass knocked clean out of my wing mirror by a BMW driver on a road which is narrow, but still room for two cars to pass (i drive it every day and frequently pass other cars in the same place) but he clearly didn't want to scratch his paintwork on the grass and hedgerow on his side of the road. I stopped and turned around only to find he hadn't bothered to stop at all. I found the glass from my mirror, smashed unfortunately, but also found the body coloured casing of his mirror which i promptly lobbed over the hedge into the wood. Couldn't believe he didn't even stop, but have some comfort that the new casing for his beamer will no doubt have cost more than the £13 for the new glass for my mirror.

One of my HATES too :evil: There is a simple answer by the Friggin` Supermarkets themselves.....MAKE THE POXY SPACES WIDER :rolleyes: . The freaking beuaracrat who decreed that`s what size the space should be ...needs tying spread out to the four corners of a space and pelted with detritus by shoppers.

I ..... just look on them as workhorses now that i've got the "nice car" bug out of my system and just ignore dents and scratches now.
I think you're on the right track there , Tim. What's everybody getting so excited about? At bottom all cars are just tin boxes ultimately destined for the scrap-heap anyway.

Way back when I was working for a major then coms company I was up a stick in town the back of the van coned off. Some prick pulls up in a merc gets out moves the cones and parks right up the arse of my van and puts the cones back behind his motor.
Looking at all this from my lofty position I shout at him "scuse mate dont leave your motor there"
He gave me the finger, you should have seen the little fecker run back as my 2lb ball hammer went through his sun roof.
What he wasn't going to do to me is incredible, then I came down and he all of a sudden got very quiet, retrieved my hammer for me and drove off.
The traffic warden was in hysterics (we used to have one assigned when working in the town center)

Sponsored Links
Back