car repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi............ i have a 2002 peugeot style 3 door hatchback 1124cc. recently the airbag warning light is staying lit on the dashboard accompanied by a bleeping sound. i have been told to look under the front seats and check that the wires for the airbags have not become disconnected. i have looked under the seats but can't find any wires whatsoever. a probable cause could be the passenger seat sliding forward with a bang recently. i have it booked in at a garage next week, but thought if anyone knew a pssible solution it could save me a garage bill.
cheers,
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
The wires that you are looking for actually go to the seat belt pre tensioners - I would have thought that your car has them? These wires do come adrift, and as they are on the same circuit as the airbag system, thats why the lamp comes on.

Im not sure about the peugeot , but on a vectra i had their was a senser behind the front bumper , around the number plate area if i rember right , might be worth a look .

Sponsored Links
The wires that you are looking for actually go to the seat belt pre tensioners - I would have thought that your car has them? These wires do come adrift, and as they are on the same circuit as the airbag system, thats why the lamp comes on.

I think the fault might lie behind the steering wheel. when I sounded the horn the other day the airbag light went out for about 5 minutes, then came on again. I did the same again and the light went off and came on again.
Mick

Back