Carl Pilkington in Chinese market.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Funny thing is, we used to eat all that too, and many people still do in other countries. I friend raves about ants in Colombia, the French eat all sorts of snails and frogs (I had frogs legs once, bit boring really) and even eat birds whole, all shellfish is pretty bloody weird if you look at it - prawns, scampi, oysters, mussels - all no weirder than insects. And then there's things like offal, veal ...

we should not judge. Yes, it is different to sausages and chicken nuggets, but we have become accustomed to a very clinical way of eating that is a detachment from animals that are our food. And of course, TV, always hunts out the most unusual and shocking as this is what people keep talking about.

Quite right, we're not. That's why we at least have some basic standards. That's why modern pandemics emanate from places like China and Africa. Unlikely to be from UK.

Last edited:
I cannot give blood as I had a couple of transfusions, due to precautions about CJD

Yeah, we'd never cause a terrible disease through weird farming practices, would we?

Except the odd one. https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/01/brits-still-die-human-form-mad-cow-disease-10094733/

Sorry, I must have missed the pandemic that this caused.

The problem was caused by animal feed manufacturers trying to maximise profits and yields. These practices were outlawed as soon as the problems were highlighted.

However, low standards of hygiene and questionable practices have always been and always will be endemic in China, Africa and the rest of the third world. Expect more pandemics from these countries in the future as they will never raise their standards.

Last edited:
Sorry, I must have missed the pandemic that this caused.

Why are only pandemics important to you? People died as a result of our farming methods. Yes, they've been changed now, but don't claim only other countries do stuff that turns out to kill people.

Why are only pandemics important to you? People died as a result of our farming methods. Yes, they've been changed now, but don't claim only other countries do stuff that turns out to kill people.
But it didn’t travel the globe, bankrupt many businesses, cause massive unemployment, stretch many countries health services to breaking point, kill health workers, ruin global economies, kill thousands upon thousands of people and put the whole world into shutdown did it?

Sponsored Links
Back