Carl Pilkington in Chinese market.

It's just that. It is easy to judge other counties in hindsight.
How many people here were campaigning to close wet markets before Covid19?
How many British diplomats and politicians were talking about them?
How many health scientists were calling for them to be close?
They all knew about them, and as stated on here already, some diseases came from them before.
So why was nothing done?
Same reason we have mad cow disease and horses in our beef pies. People turn a blind eye until the **** hits the fan.

Sponsored Links
But it didn’t travel the globe, bankrupt many businesses, cause massive unemployment, stretch many countries health services to breaking point, kill health workers, ruin global economies, kill thousands upon thousands of people and put the whole world into shutdown did it?

No it didn't. Does that make it OK then?
But 177 British people died. British farmers lost their jobs.
Yes, it was not as big as covid19, but it was caused by dodgy food production, and that is the only point I am making.

WE killed British people because WE didn't regulated OUR food industry until after things went south.

Yes, it was not as big as covid19, but it was caused by dodgy food production, and that is the only point I am making.

WE killed British people because WE didn't regulated OUR food industry until after things went south.
And it still hangs over us

They all knew about them, and as stated on here already, some diseases came from them before.
So why was nothing done?

You might want to ask that of the Chinese.

One incident here - BSE - enough to make the change.

Like I said, the Chinese caused SARS 2002-3, and didn't learn. Now this.
And, I have seen reports that, while the Wuhan fish market remains closed, others have reopened in Hubei, since their lockdown has eased.

Sponsored Links

That's how it's done, otherwise it is prejudice.
And, it has happened at least twice now, so it is not like the Chinese didn't know.
And, they are close to being world leaders in this sort of research, so they definitely can't claim ignorance.

I don't know, but it not incumbent on us to do so; it's for the Chinese to do so.

Again, I don't know. I dare say it has been raised (the maligned Pandemic exercise of 2016 shows that it was at least considered, and war-gamed. Also, didn't Bill Gates speak at an event about this, a few years ago?)

Try Google, but I'd take a bet that those calls were made.
Thing is, the Chinese ruling party don't take too kindly to peeps making them look bad.

Yes, I know it was a terrible event but keep things in perspective - the whole sorry saga didn’t kill even a fifth of the daily death toll that we are seeing in the U.K. due to Coronavirus. Almost a hundred times that number so far and still climbing in the U.K. alone. WE have learned from the mistakes made but this not the first disease to come from China and it won’t be the last.

These Wildlife markets are not confined to China but China is the biggest offender.
The sanitary conditions in these markets are diabolical, all sorts of animals, some of which would never come into contact with each other in the wild are forced into cages on top of each other.
The animals are then butchered to order, so dead amimals are cut up alongside live ones.
As the animals are stressed they become susceptible to viruses from other animals which then can mutate and infect humans.
If these people don't change their ways they are going to kill us all some day.

Last edited:
So why was nothing done?
Same reason we have mad cow disease and horses in our beef pies. People turn a blind eye until the **** hits the fan.
When you treat animals unnaturally whether here or in China there is always a payback by nature.
Cows are herbivores treating them like carnivores caused CJD.
https://www.iatp.org/news/cows-into-cannibals

The practices in China

Vietnam etc

Are a disgrace

Then again what do u expect from them any way

All non essential Travel to these ***t holes

Should be banned permanently. Either that or any one coming back is quarantined for 6 months under lock and key.

Any foreigners in the UK engaging in these practices should be slung out the country

Sponsored Links
Back