Carpet Quantities advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guyz
My carpet fitter is on holiday, The wife has found a carpet she likes, so Im ordering it up for when the fitter is back, can anyone let me know please how many m2 I would need to get please

Room 1
4.3 x 3.8
Room 2
3.73 x 2.8
Room 3
2.2 x 1.82
Landing
3.5 x 1.7
Stairs i have 13 Stairs
900mm wide
Tread is 250mm deep & 200mm high

the sizes above are exact sizes

I can work out the rooms, but i have offcuts that may do the stairs etc, this is where I get stuck,
thanks in advance if anyone has the time to work it out for me

Al

Sponsored Links
A carpet fitter isn't just going to arrive with so many square metres of carpet, he's going to arrive with bits of the requisite size for the various rooms, cut to order in the most efficient way from the width of a roll of carpet. You can't just order so many square metres of carpet.

Cheers
Richard

The Carpet fitter is not arriving with the carpet the carpet is being ordered direct from our flooring supplier, we hold accounts with numerous suppliers.

So the fitter has asked me to order the carpet from the supplier so its here for his first job. Which after he has finished, and putting me in the good books with the wife, he is going onto our school work, Im trying to get this squeezed in to be done for the wife, in between our school refurb work

I am fully aware mate of it being cut form a roll, I was hoping to get the landing of an offcut of one of the bedrooms etc, hence my reason hoping there may be a helpful fitter who has a couple of minutes to spare to work it out for a fellow tradesman.

Why don't you find out how wide the roll is and work it out on a bit of graph paper?

Sponsored Links
The roll is 4m wide, Thanks for your help mate, thats what Im in the process of doing, Im trying not to waste any, which is the pain the bum bit

Don't forget the pattern match and pile direction

its plain carpet mate, pile direction, not a lot we can do on the landing it will run across the stairs,
Al

11.6m of a 4m wide dead plain roll if you are OK with joints on the stair run.
That's maths not a carpet fitters calc.

Diag attached

Attachments

• Carpet layout.jpg
    Carpet layout.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for very much for your efforts Tony,
I nipped into our suppliers earlier this morning and they worked it out for me,

Hi bigal993
First thing I would do is add 10 cm per room length to allow for cutting in the carpet, so
Room 1
4.4 x 4 = 17.6 SQ MTR

Room 2
2.9 X 4 = 11.6 SQ MTR

Landing
1.8 x 4 = 7.2 SQ MTR

Not enough waste from these areas to find the stair carpet

Room 3 and stair
2.8 x 4 = 11.2 SQ MTR
SPLIT THIS DOWN THE CENTRE SO YOU HAVE 1 PIECE 2.8 X 1.92 THIS WILL FIT ROOM 3
THE REMAINING PIECE IS 2.8 X 2.08 WHICH WILL FIT THE STAIR IN TWO PIECES, EACH COVERING 6 STAIR TREADS
THE 13th TREAD WILL COME FROM THE ROOM 3 WASTE ( 1.92 x .5 )
This way the carpet pile on the landing and stair carpet is laid correctly brushing down the stairs.
You could order this in separate cuts or 1 roll
Other guys might have other ways to plan it but this would be my way
Regards Ron

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back