Carron enamel wood burning stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am new to this site so please forgive me if i have posted on wrong forum
we had a carron dark red wood burning stove fitted in Dec 2009 the enamel on top of the stove has started to crackel and it is spreading the glass in the fire door is also cracled and again that is spreading is this normel ? my cooker is enamel and i have never had a problem with the enamel crackling on any of my cookers over twenty years use , any advice welcome

:(

Sponsored Links
What have you been burning on it?

Remember your cooker will only go up to 250C. Wood begins to smoulder and burn between 200C and 300C, fully burning it can reach temperatures in excess of 400C. Wood will burst into flames at around 600C. Different woods also have different burning temperatures. If you been burning anything that manufactured wood eg. chipboard, ply etc these will burn hotter that normal wood due to the glues and chemicals in them.

You might want to check the manufacturers guidelines about what can be burned, and if it is a multi fuel, coal/smokeless or wood.

Thanks for the reply we have only been burning wood as per manufactor guide lines , and only seasoned wood

Sounds like you have a good case to contact the supplier, pretty sure there's a six month guarantee on purchases, check trading standards. Think they would have to prove you caused the damage and would need to replace or repair.

Have you contacted the supplier?

Sponsored Links
did you excede the load limmits as in no more than 50% full[or whatever the limits are]!!!!

Hi there I know this is an old post brim about the buy the same and wondered how you go on with the manufacturers and your thoughts on the stove?

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back