Carry On Camping

look on things like friday ad ,gum tree or any other free ad sites etc.people are always trying to off load there things that look good for a short while.
Yeh I did look at the free ad pages, seen one or two but don't really want to get a cheap or expensive pile of poo, after value. And my knowledge of tents expired when I left the scouts, which seems a distant memory now and tents have come on a long way since those days.

Sponsored Links
It's a shame you live on the other side of the water. We have a tent, in good condition, that we don't use any more.
I wouldn't say it was a shame but I actual spend the majority of my time on the main land working and have family in West Yorkshire.

Sorry. I didn't mean that it's a shame that you live in Northern Ireland. I'm sure it's a very nice place!

Peter Butterworth was in the camping film. All he said was pound

Sponsored Links
Seriously, though, consider what kit you are taking, and how much room you need to store it.

Also, whether you are having a hook up (using mains power on site). If you are, does the tent have a let-through for the lead?

The Rock 5 does.

Go to the Go outdoors site, find the Rock 5 tent and click on the video link. 40 seconds in, you'll see it near ground level. Red strip with a fluorescent yellow-green cord on the zip near the bedroom pod. There will probably be one diagonally opposite on the other side too.

Also, while I think of it, a tip about condensation: we thought we had a bad seam leak, but it was just condensation....lots of it, between the pods and the main tent skin. Be prepared to dry it out before packing away.

I am leaning towards the rock 5 at moment, as like I have mentioned been recommended by good friend and keen camper. If I can get it for £120, seems value for money and also gives me somewhere other than the doghouse to sleep on those out of favour nights!

Penrith your nearest store as the crow flies.... ;)

Assuming you do buy from Go Outdoors.

There's Wakey & Leeds.

Got quite a bit of work to do in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Family say branch at Pudsey? Worked at New Farnely, not far from there, so know the area, not sure where the store is though. Will goggle branch.
Any advice on beds, is airbed way to go?

I spent years using foam mats.

Did you say you were ex-Scouts? Did you use canvas camp beds in your time?

I am current Scout Leader, but I cheat now as I have bad back and use air mattress with mains pump. The mains pump is great because you can use it to power deflate the bed and it will suck every last bit out of the mattress so you can fold it up and get the b****er back in the box.... ;)

On sites without mains power I have a leisure battery and inverter, so have all bases covered!

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/...eds&utm_referrer=http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Back