Cashless society ( pros and cons)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've no problem with card payments online banking, but if that's the only means of doing transactions then I think people will come to regret it sooner than they think. Imagine demonstrating about something and your phone gets turned off as punishment by the powers that be, of if a country falls out with the powers that be and won't allow anyone who travels there to pay for thing, Imagine your phone not allowing you through certain doors, its all heading that way and I can't believe how the majority of people seem to be unaware.

Last edited:
I've no problem with card payments online banking, but if that's the only means of doing transactions then I think people will come to regret it sooner than they think. Imagine demonstrating about something you your phone gets turned off as punishment by the powers that be, of if a country falls out with the powers that be and won't allow anyone who travels there to pay for thing, Imagine your phone not allowing you through certain doors, its all heading that way and I can't believe how the majority of people seem to be unaware.

Finger prints or look into scanner....

Use cash for birthday money in cards,

Couldn't do that if they got rid of cash.

I can't see them doing so for a while yet

its all heading that way and I can't believe how the majority of people seem to be unaware.
Covid has proved that a huge number of people prefer being told what to do whether it makes sense or not.

That you have nothing to hide doesn't mean everything should be accessible by anyone else.

Cashless society -
Pros - Consumers don;t have to carry cash and change around with them
Cons - All those dishonest off-licenses , chicken n chip shops and veg grocers will no longer be able to hire people and pay them peanuts for the day instead of the min. hourly rate and will also have to pay taxes as they are meant to.

I see a lot of the younger generation using their phones to pay for things, and if they carry on that way then they will find that their phones will be controlling their lives in the future! and I think they are completely unaware.

pmsl at these people saying i dont have hassle of losing cards i use my phone .
What people dont lose phones ? every week facebook community pages are full of has anyone found such and such a phone or whats the best way to dry my phone i have washed it /dropped it down the toilet

People do lose phones, but it is of very limited use to someone who might find it, they cannot spend using it, without your thumbprint. Contactless they can spend with, cash they can spend.

1. You'll need my fingerprint to pay for anything with my phone. You don’t need anything other than the card to make a contactless payment of £100. Just watch the purchase of fags and booze go up with stolen contactless cards.
2. Everything on my phone is on the cloud so I can wipe it and load my data back up onto another phone as long as I can pass security.

A few years ago Mrs Mottie had her purse stolen in the supermarket car park with 5 cards in it. Foolishly she used the same PIN number on them (now corrected) and she was targeted from the checkout so they had clocked the pin. They took over £2.5k in 15 minutes. From next week, even if they didn’t know the PIN they could have made 5 x £100 contactless purchases at the very least. Couldn’t do that with a phone.
Not on about the usage if lost on about people thinking they will always have their phone to make actual purchases

Sponsored Links
Back