Cashless Society

Sponsored Links
I rarely carry cash, just no need. Only if I know beforehand that I'll need it.

I may have a 20 note stored behind in my phone case. Otherwise no. (Like most plumbers)⁹

What happens if there is a power cut.

Wait until the power comes back on? We've had maybe three in the past 40 years, whilst I have lived here.

A bit of a rare thing, but I have a £20 and a £10 note in my wallet, a result of a private sale.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No, you said we'd be relying on wind for our energy, implying more power cuts,, I don't think that's right.
I think it's up to Harry if he needs further explanation. Your well known for being contrary for contrairian sake.
As for not thinking it's right the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
There's been a few u turns already by labour, how many more is a case of wait and see.

No, you said we'd be relying on wind for our energy, implying more power cuts,, I don't think that's right.

If it seemed at all likely that cashless might not be the sensible option, we would have plenty of time to get funds out of the bank in good time. As the risk at the moment is minimal, I will happily stick to the safer option of cashless.

I know you don't like being corrected, but I can't help with that.
Read it back to yourself and see how wrong you are then, then you'll then realize what the inference was meant by relying on wind. It's taken for granted they're will be other sources available but if you take coal, gas and oil out of the equation you leave yourself open to power outages when the wind don't blow.
That wasnt hard to work out was it.
You could have said you get my point re wind and pointed out the fuels on offer but that's not your style is it, ever the contrairian eh.

Cashless won’t work. Even if I take most via bank transfers now, I still end up with some cash when I’ve worked on caravan sites. They love paying in cash.

I then spend that on business items to save going to a bank. And I can’t see it changing.

Last edited:
Cashless won’t work
OK......
I still end up with a wallet full when I’ve worked on caravan sites.
OK....
I then spend that on business items to save going to a bank
OK....
I can’t see it changing
If the government will is there, it can happen.

You probably couldn't see yourself discussing matters with people you've never met, on a portable device from your sofa, or car, or sun lounger.

And that happened.

Sponsored Links
Back