Cashless society

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That won't be long in coming now I expect.
Just imagine how controllable everybody will be when they know everywhere you've been, and everything that you've bought or sold, and can cut off your dosh at the touch of a button.
Or fine you if you say the wrong thing, and if they ever perfect that technology that is being worked on to read people's thoughts, you'll get fined for thinking the wrong thing.
Something to look forward to.

Sponsored Links
Did you accept cookies before posting here?

There's a bit of a difference between the powers that be knowing where you've been on the web, and what you've been up to (though that is bad enough), and between them having the power to control your entire finances in a way never before possible. Even an idiot should be able to see that.

Sponsored Links
Did you accept cookies before posting here?

But one should be careful as to which browser to use and where you appear to come from on all websites...

Some even help getting past 'paywalls' ;)

Hardly ever take my wallet with me now, as I pay for everything on my Apple Watch. You can even get rings with contactless pay function.

I think it’s inevitable

It's great isn't it?

On the other hand I'm firmly of the opinion that it shouldn't be a cash free society as it makes life very difficult for some people. If it were how could anyone ever claw their way off the street if they don't already have a phone or contactless debit card?

Last edited:
Hardly ever take my wallet with me now, as I pay for everything on my Apple Watch. You can even get rings with contactless pay function.

I think it’s inevitable
I pay for absolutely everything on my phone these days - most of my credit and debit cards are on there and it’s so convenient. The only cash I carry these days is a pound coin for the shopping trolley!

FE95F59D-F172-4252-BE77-DD6260DD63C8.jpeg

I started a thread last week about having to carry ID. This will all very easily be incorporated into one.

I'm all for a cashless society. It will make people accountable for their actions.
Imagine how much tax will be gained with the black market exposed.

There are so many Chinese takeaways round here that are cash only, I'm truly surprised that HMRC have not investigated them all for tax evasion.

Sponsored Links
Back