Cast Iron Waste Pipe Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I live in a block of flats and i am going to be redoing my bathroom. I plan to move my toilet and sink but will need to change the waste pipe systems. Now the main waste pipe runs through the corner of my bathroom (which will be boxed in). However i need to try and find the right connections which appear to be bolted to the waste pipe. So far i have been unsuccessful with finding on the internet. All i have find is either push fit or with a jubilee clip.

I have added a picture to hope that someone might now what this is called and where i can find the correct waste pipes (connections)

Thanks in advance =)

Chris

https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/img_20191016_180251.103416/full

https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/img_20191016_180243.103415/full

Sponsored Links
Four Quenelles!

I thought I'd seen most varieties of cast iron soil stacks but this is a new one for me. Any idea of the date of the building? Which town?

If your new layout does not require changing the height or orientation of any of the soil stack connections I'd be thinking in terms of carefully chopping the soil branch and waste connections a few inches from the stack and using Fernco or other compression connectors over the stubs, as indeed has already seems to have been done on the bottom left of the second picture.

And I'd have a word with my upstairs neighbours before starting work!

Yeah I'm glad it is not just me that hasn't seen this. I have been scouring the internet and unable to find anything that can fit this connection.

That is a good idea actually and very possible. Obviously i would like to find the possible connection but if I am unable to then that is a good idea as it will be hidden anyway.

It's a 1970s flat in Hassocks near Brighton.

Sponsored Links
I would seriously think about moving the WC position, (and I would check any new WC will be compatible with the existing soil pipe position), that's unlikely to be easy to alter.

Wastes, bottom connection has already got a compression coupling on it, replace like for like and couple your new waste as required, you could probably do the same with the top one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back