Cat's!!

TexMex said:
keyplayer said:
Just tell her you're not her real father.
She'd never believe me. She looks absolutely identical to me, in every way, except she hasn't got a tash, she's not fat and she's really quite good looking
So, bugger all like you then really Tex ? ;)

Sponsored Links
I had to add my weight to the "hate cats" argument. I cant stand the b****y things. They are totally pointless. My ex wanted a cat so we went to the local home for unwanted, pointless, disloyal, smelly and retarded animals and found one with a dodgy leg. After the hours of listening to the ex feeling sorry for it I gave in and named it "spastic" (please dont take offence, it was just a jokey name....although the neighbors wernt amused when I went round the garden shouting "get off there SPASTIC!!)

Thank god I dont live with it anymore (the cat not the ex) and now I have my own cat killer, a basset hound who is so lazy if a cat entered the house he would offer it his bed and breakfast rather than excert any exercise and chase it out!!!

Let me chime in!

I hate cats too - all our neighbours have at least one.

I've been looking at getting one of those sonic repellers. I think the neighbours are more than happy to pick up their cat crap. I am not.

I've looked, but they all say "Works for 50m!!!"

I'm imagining a 50m radius around my house and that pretty much covers the neighbours back gardens!! SO if I get one, the neighbours will loose their cats!

That's if they work - does anyone know if they do work?

Apparently the anti-cat sonic devices work well, especially if mains powered rather than battery. And they don't deter dogs, badgers, hedgehods either which are, ahem, 'tuned' to a different frequency. (Been thinking of getting one because next door's aggressive moggy comes round and duffs my moggy up. Thought I could create a no-go zone for all the cats, sort of sonic moat I spose.

Best cat repellant I have found is Olbas Oil - the smelly stuff you get for a blocked nose. I used old dried teabags (cheap and biodegrade) with 3 - 4 drops of Olbas Oil on each. One teabag every square metre was enough to stop the neighbours' cats cr*pping in my garden, and the bags lasted for a couple of months.

Sponsored Links
Feel the love for cats on this board....

I have two cats and I won't hear a word said against them, however, I also sympathise with those people who don't want cats dumping on their lawns, and I don't want to get in a mass argument.

I would say if you want to get rid of them then go for the water option. The sonic devices are very harsh on the cats and can cause unnecessary stress.

A friend of mine wired up one of those outside infared lights to his sprinkler. As soon as movement was detected then the sprinkler went off and gave the cats a good soaking. That soon stopped them from coming back.

The best method of chasing cats off without using a 12 bore is a cat scarer that has a sensor fitter to a hosepipe.
As soon as the cat or any animal moves into range a sprinkler sprays all round in the general direction of the movement.

If you've got fences surrounding your garden, spread grease along the top, cat jumps on, licks its feet clean ( or tries to) hates the taste, doesnt come back.

Not much fun for the birds though, and possibly even poisonous.

Cats are habitual creatures and like to follow the same path.
They have very tender pads and once pricked stay clear of that place.
I have spread holy leaves on the ground a neighbours cat used and it then took another route.
Carpet grippers on top of a panel fence have the same effect. The first time the cat tries clmbering over the fence it yelps and wont do it again.
Make sure they are on your side of the fence and say the spikes are to keep birds off and no one can complain.
Kids and thieves wont climb over either. ;)

Dewy said:
Make sure they are on your side of the fence and say the spikes are to keep birds off and no one can complain.
Kids and thieves wont climb over either. ;)

Be ready for the personal injury claims from the unwanted visitors to your yard. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back