Cat's!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive got a little patch of nice gravel under my bay window and the local cats seem to use it as a litter tray for there stinking crap!!

Whats the best way to keep them off??

Cat pepper or what?

Thanks for anyhelp whatsoever,

Paul

Sponsored Links
If you live near a zoo, either lion or tiger s**t is excellent. If not, orange peel is good, if unsightly. Failing that, a .22 rifle.

Eddie M said:
If you live near a zoo, either lion or tiger s**t is excellent. If not, orange peel is good, if unsightly. Failing that, a .22 rifle.

lol good call!! shoot the feckers!!

one of these is effective if a tad niosy :LOL:

shotgun.jpg

Sponsored Links
slightly less harmful is neat zaflora. its that crappy disinfectant that comes in a flowery box. they dont like it neat, keep using it and theyll get the message. alternativly get a cat of your own

Jeyes Fluid is quite good, just sprinkle on with a watering can, frequently. if you can catch the cat that is :LOL: Only kidding about the last bit. ;)

We solved our problems by buying a dog, havent seen a cat in the garden for the last 9 weeks, which is how long we've had the dog.

I have the same problem, seems we have many cat owners very near us, and they all love to use my garden, I have used the disfenctants that where suggested, they dont work for me, orange peel dont work, just makes it look messy also, and I have a dog, black labbie, and shes not out in the garden at night, and thats when the cats come along and do their business, so having a dog doesnt deter them as dog cant be about 24/7, makes me mad really as a dog owner, Im not allowed to let my dog foul anywhere it wants, I could even occur a fine for it, not that I do allow my dog to foul, I always use dog toilet bags and pick it up, yet cat owners get away with these conditions that dog owners have set against them, I could just imagine the response if I allowed my dog to jump over my neighbours fences and foul in their gardens :eek:

Pick the cats muck up with a shovel and give it back to your neighbours, discreetly, by flinging it over the fence at night. They can only blame the cats ;)

I HATE CATS :evil:

Whats worse than the crap is the owners who dont get their cats done. Cat aids amongst other disease is rife at the moment because of these irresponsble owners. Cats also carry disease which can be passed onto dogs.

How to deter cats without invoking the wrath of the RSPCA:

Get a large water pistol or plant spray and keep it loaded with dirty dish water. Apart from getting wet, cats hate the noise and the smell. Ordinary tap water will do but it's not so good. The dish water sticks to their fur and they have to lick it off.

Since the gravel patch is directly below a window you are well placed to soak the little blighters from above while they're in mid-c**p. Eventually they should get the message. I've used this trick on cats that invited themselves in through the cat flap. Rig the flap so it only opens inwards then chase them round the kitchen with the spray. None of them ever dared come back!

Felix, that is bordering on pre-meditation / entrapment !! I personally am not keen on cats, but we do have one, it keeps the mice population down from round our aviaries, trouble is she leaves her catches next to my work boots, not the best thing to stand on at 4 am I can tell you !!
Wierdest thing is she's called fluffy, and she's not ! (blame me daughter !) Mind you my younger brother had a cat years ago that he called blackie. try shouting that in the street at midnight where I lived !!

get a bar of coal tar soap, and use a cheese grater to spread it over the gravel - cats hate it!

I HATE CATS as well, but my daughter is going to come to live with me, and she has cats. I'm still trying to devise a strategy to make them feel so unwelcome that they run away. I've been thinking along the lines of a very high pitched oscillator turned up full blast.

I also recall an incident where all the chickens on a farm were killed overnight. It turned out that a local factory was churning out a constant but inaudable low frequency noise (about 7hz I believe). It turned out that this was the resonant frequency of a chickens brain cavity. The poor s*ds had their brains mashed

Does anyone know the resonant frequency of a cats head :LOL:

BTW I've just found the original story, it's contained in the help file of the Borland Turbo C++ compiler (Version 3) under the keyword "sound". And it was 7Hz

Doesn't that equate to a wavelength of about 47 metres, bloody big chicken. :?: :?: :?:

TexMex said:
I HATE CATS as well, but my daughter is going to come to live with me, and she has cats. I'm still trying to devise a strategy to make them feel so unwelcome that they run away.

Just tell her you're not her real father.

Eddie M said:
Doesn't that equate to a wavelength of about 47 metres, b****y big chicken. :?: :?: :?:
Not quite Eddie, that would only apply if it's head was made of air. By your reconing a pendulum with a period of 1 second would have to be over 340m long :confused:

keyplayer said:
Just tell her you're not her real father.
She'd never believe me. She looks absolutely identical to me, in every way, except she hasn't got a tash, she's not fat and she's really quite good looking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back