Causes of Spillage/Staining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I don't know if anyone can help me here?

What are the causes of "Spillage" / "Staining" of/around a gas appliance, I can only list the following:

FAULTY FLUE SEALS (ROOM SEALED)
FLUE TERMINAL BLOCKED
NOT ENOUGH VENTILATION (OPEN FLUED)
BLOCKED VENTILATION (OPEN FLUED)
FLUE TERMINAL INCORRECTLY SIGHTED (OPEN FLUED)
WINDY/ADVERSE WEATHER CAUSING DOWN-DRAUGHT - (OPEN FLUED)
FLUE ROUTE INADEQUATE (IE TOO MANY BENDS)
BOILER SEALS FAULTY (ROOM SEALED / POSITIVE PRESSURE FAN)
BLOCKED FLUE - (OPEN FLUED)

Are there any other I have missed ?

Sponsored Links
It would help if you mentioned what sort of appliance you are asking about.

CC to be honest the answers in there can be very embarassing considering they are meant to be PRO`S

I had a question on the effects of spillage at college many many years ago.

A mate marked the wrong answer (by accident he told me) which stated:

ensure footwear is of sufficient grip to avoid falling on the spillage.

I can only assume he did mark it by mistake as what a stupid option (and answer in his case) to give on a multiple choice question like that.

David

Sponsored Links
Sooted/blocked heat exchanger. Seen that a few times on old Ideal Mexicos that have not been serviced properly.

Alfredo

appliance over gassed , extract fan in building having an adverse effect on open flue boiler!!! , Incorrect configeration of air vent's in a compartment install , eg not fitted on same wall allowing a draught through compartment , there is a specific name for this but brain is fading !!

There are specific vent reg's for balanced compartment's eg open flued boiler installed in compartment to make boiler work as a balanced flue boiler not that you come across that much nowaday's might be relevant ???

Another one might be open flue to long , e.g very tall chimney flue gase's cooling & condensing, water condensate running down liner ??? used to insulate really long chimney's , seem to remember something like this ounce ??? Severely under gassed open boiler , chimney not heating up ?? maybe ??? flue less water heater wrongly installed , & on for to long ??? some should only be used for 5 minute's , water leak in combustion chamber of open flued boiler ??? effecting combustion , mis use of an appliance may be ????

appliance over gassed , extract fan in building having an adverse effect on open flue boiler!!! , Incorrect configeration of air vent's in a compartment install , eg not fitted on same wall allowing a draught through compartment , there is a specific name for this but brain is fading !! CROSS VENTILATION
There are specific vent reg's for balanced compartment's eg open flued boiler installed in compartment to make boiler work as a balanced flue boiler not that you come across that much nowaday's might be relevant ???

Another one might be open flue to long , e.g very tall chimney flue gase's cooling & condensing, water condensate running down liner ??? used to insulate really long chimney's , seem to remember something like this ounce ??? Severely under gassed open boiler , chimney not heating up ?? maybe ??? flue less water heater wrongly installed , & on for to long ??? some should only be used for 5 minute's ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back